Simon and Martina talk couple clothing trends in Korea this week as the Seoul summer finally comes to an end.
- Couples dressing the same – same shirts/pants, even matching accessories/bags/hats - it's out of control!
- Friends matching clothes too – inverse/opposite colours of the same clothes and designs.
This week the guys also cover some interesting new changes to school rules in South Korea:
- A local government in Korea (Gyeonggi-do) is changing laws on the time when schools start – from 8:20 to 9am.
- Previously, students were at school for much longer hours (added to that, out of school tutoring) due to the high demands and expectations for entrance to universities.
- The argument is that students are currently overworked, even skipping breakfast to self-study before class starts – often times falling asleep and not being able to self-study. Surprisingly a majority of parents are against the change.
What is the deal with baby shows in Korea (Superman Returns & Daddy, Where Are We Going?)? They have really taken off.
- Shows feature celebrity fathers as they go on adventures/do everyday things with their young children without the mothers.
- Studies are showing that these shows are encouraging fathers to spend more time with their children out and about, even without the mothers around.
Hit the audio tab above ^ to listen
Eat Your Kimchi radio is live 7pm (AEST) every Friday.
How to listen
SBS PopAsia is streaming live 24/7 on digital radio. Catch Eat Your Kimchi's radio show at 7pm (AEST) every Friday.