Peter Hyun is back this week to take you behind the music and into the K-pop studio...
Making Music 101 - what do you need to get started?
- Equipment for a recording studio
- Not only music producers - singers also need to become familiar with using recording software and techniques if they wish to be in the industry as recording artists
When you start producing music...
- Start out making music of your favourite style
- Get feedback – not just to other producers or musicians but also friends outside the industry
- Peter sings an English version of Growing Pains where the lyrics were written & sent in by fans (pretty cool!)
- Peter talks about Seo Taiji introducing Hip-Hop in the early 90s when the Korean popular music scene was still quite closed off to other influence.
- Jazz and its influence on K-pop: Swing, big-band music.