Time to bring out the cake and candles because it's Taeyang's 29th (30th in Korea) birthday!
To celebrate his 29 years on this Earth, here are 29 interesting facts that you may not know about BIGBANG's silky voiced member:
1. His full name is Dong Young-bae.
2. Has an older brother, actor Dong Hyun-bae.
3. He (apparently) talks in his sleep!
4. He can speak English, Japanese, and Korean.
5. He can play piano, guitar, and drums.
6. He really loves his piano because his mum bought it for him. Aww!
7. He has his own special way to make ramyun. Yum!
8. He initially didn't drink alcohol because in his own words, "Health is everything".
9. If he wasn't a musician, he would've been a gag man or a comedian.
10. Doesn't like it when people judge him and his group mates without knowing them.
11. Has known G-Dragon since he was very young.
12. His biggest fight with G-Dragon was during their trainee years. The conflict? A game of basketball!
13. Became "interested" in music after hearing Brian McKnight's first album when he was young.
14. Is part of Se7en's fan club.
15. He can act as well! Taeyang took acting class in 5th grade.
16. Admires Usher, Omarion, and Justin Timberlake.
17. Is a fan of church, Summer, clothes, games, and manga.
18. One of his favourite songs is Frankie J's "Don't Wanna Try".
19. His backpack usually has an iPod, bible, English vocab cards, and energy drinks.
20. He thinks it's awkward when the two Seung-Hyuns are left together. We can't imagine why...
21. Was initially meant to debut with G-Dragon as a duo, but YG changed their mind and added 3 more members to the group.
22. Has said that he chooses love over work.
23. Was initially quite shy around women, but is now happily dating actress Min Hyo-rin.
24. His first appearance on a single was on Jinusean's MV for "A-Yo"!
25. If he was a girl, he would date Daesung!
26. Won the Seoul Music Awards Best Male Artist Award in 2010!
27. Likes to relieve stress by listening to music.
28. Once went on a blind date with Girls' Generation's Yuri. Though nothing happened, they remained friends!
29. He once got scammed during a trip to Europe. Luckily, Taeyang brushed it off as a joke and took it as a learning something new!
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: