The duo get deep about the nuances of friends and companionship in Japan and Korea.
- No friends in Japan? No worries, you can go hire one!
- Because of Japan's social and cultural structures, talking with another person is a lot more complicated than one may think.
- Friendship is viewed differently in Korea, and many Koreans feel like they don't have many trustworthy friends.
- This feeling of friendship extends to older generations - perhaps technology doesn't play a part in this at all!
- The saying of "age is but a number" doesn't quite apply in Korea!
Hit the audio tab above ^ to listen
How to listen
SBS PopAsia is streaming live 24/7 on digital radio. Catch Eat Your Kimchi's radio show at 8pm (AEST) every Monday.