What are Peter's thoughts on underground and mainstream K-pop?
- This week's theme - Underground to Mainstream
- Underground or "indie" music generally don't associate with commercialised music - generally more "character" in the music!
- Big 2016 success story - Bolbbalgan Sachungi (Rosy Cheeks) started out performing on the streets and are now topping the charts
- Urban Zakapa - initially started out as a project group and have since become one of Korea's biggest acoustic acts
- Lifespan of an idol generally 10-15 years - companies are ruthless and will cut artists once their contract is up in favour of the next big thing
- Hip-hop used to be underground but is now in the forefront - such as Primary!
Hit the audio tab above ^ to listen
Catch Peter Hyun's PopAsia radio show "K-Pop Studio" every Thursday @ 9PM AEST