So, you spent a bit of money getting a ticket to your favourite convention and now your wallet is crying...
How are you possibly going to have fun without piles of money!?
Here are five things you can do at a convention that won't cost you a cent:
1. Panels - Panels can be awesome fun. They give you an opportunity to hear more about your favourite guests, ask them questions and learn a lot.
There are all kinds of panels you can hit up including Q&A's, tutorials and group panels.
2. Play some games - A lot of conventions will have console setups in place. As well as these, there are tabletop game setups. Seek these out, challenge your friends (or strangers). There's a chance you'll get to play games coming out soon.
3. Chill out zones - Be sure to look this up before you head to a con but some shows have their own chill out zone. Full of beanbags and anime to watch with subs or dubs, the chill out zone is the perfect place to recharge your energy.
4. Photos - Cons are a great place to have your photo taken, or to take photos. You tend to go home at the end of the day with a bag full of cards from photographers that snapped your photo. It's always exciting to do mini-shoots with photographers.
5. Free stuff - Making your way around a convention, you'll be delighted to know that some vendors will have free swag, or at the very least, competitions and giveaways you can enter. They may be con exclusives, so keep your eyes peeled.
For more geekly chat you can subscribe to WTFPod on iTunes and your favourite Android podcast player (rss), or listen HERE.