Welcome to DatJoeDoe Show's Joe's Blog!! This week he's teaching us about TWICE and trying to cheer us up after our sadness over 2NE1 disbanding...
TWICE are a relatively new group who are slaying the k-pop world but I really don’t know much about them. Let’s learn together. Here's 10 fun facts...
1. On Sana’s birthday in December a fan bought TWICE members a variety of luxury items worth over 10 million Korean won (approximately $8,400 AUD) at a fan signing. (How do I join TWICE?)
2. Tzuyu is the maknae of the group but is also the tallest. She’s 169cm and possibly still growing (She could’ve been a basketball star haha).
3. Ji Hyo trained for 10 years before debuting with TWICE (Crazy).
4. When Chaeyoung was in middle school, her phone wallpaper was Justin Bieber and she sang his song 'Boyfriend' at her audition (a true Belieber).
5. There are nine members in TWICE. Five are Korean (Ji Hyo, Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Dahyun and Chaeyoung), three are Japanese (Sana, Momo, Mina) and one is Taiwanese (Tzuyu).
6. Momo’s name means 'Peach' in Japanese.
7. Dahyun got recruited by JYP because of her Eagle Dance at church, which went viral. (Definitely worth watching).
8. Mina can’t live without ketchup, she puts ketchup on everything.
9. Sana made JYP eat her food and asked him if it was okay the vegetables weren’t organic after he ate it (LOL).
10.Their music video ‘Ohh-Ahh’ is the highest watched YouTube debut of all time which currently has over 100 million views
The week's almost over and we're still sad about 2NE1. So, to ease the disbandment pain I’ve uploaded a new funny video on my YouTube channel! It’s all about K-Pop bloopers (accidents and fails) for a bit of a giggle!
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here:
Five of the best 2NE1 songs ever
They've ruled our iTunes playlist over the years #THANKYOU2NE1 #2NE1toINFINI8Y
A Black Pink member is from Australia, and other facts about the girl group
From Box Hill in Melbourne, to be specific!