From offering insights into the music production to offering up some handy audition tips to those budding K-pop stars, One Way's Peter Hyun has never been short on great music-related advice, and this week sees another nugget of wisdom from the producer!
On his latest K-pop Studio episode, Peter has some handy tips for all those budding songwriters looking to get their music "out there". If you're a working songwriting looking to get your music heard - particularly from K-pop companies - keep these tips in mind next time you're sending out a new mixtape:
1. If you're already a songwriter working in the industry, get a publisher! Publishers like Sony Music and Warner Music will not only protect your music, they will also pitch your work to other music companies around the world, including K-pop music companies (who are increasingly open to working with foreign producers).
2. If you're just starting out, want to audition, or want to submit a song to a K-pop company, approach the company directly and ask about how to submit your work. Just a heads up, unless you're in Korea, it can be difficult for foreign artists since some companies don't have a foreign department.
3. When handing in demos, make it professional - that means no recording on phones and proper production values!
Hit the audio tab above ^ to listen to Peter Hyun's songwriting tips
Or listen here:
Catch Peter Hyun's PopAsia radio show "K-Pop Studio" every Thursday @ 10PM AEST
How to listen
- Listen live on tablet or mobile via the SBS PopAsia app.
- Listen on your computer via the SBS PopAsia homepage.
- Listen on DAB digital radio
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Download the app here: