Imagine you could invite any five Asian pop celebs to be guests at your Christmas dinner. Who would they be and why?
(Note: This is not limited to singers. It can include actors, rappers, dancers...whoever in the Asian Pop world takes your fancy, really).
We posed that question to performers at last week's End of Year Party at the Korean Cultural Centre in Sydney. Here's what they had to say:
Brianna & Mele
The winners of this year's Kpop singing contest in Sydney took a moment to weigh their options. One of the girls had recently fallen in love with Nam Joo-hyuk upon watching his latest drama, "Weightlifting Fairy." Yes, I approve. He's veeerrry cute and swoon-worthy.
Both girls picked Dean and had a little fight over who would get him. [It's ok girls, he can go to one house on Xmas Eve & the other on Xmas Day. Compromise! Or we could try cloning him...]
Picks 1: Dean, Nam Joo-hyuk, T.O.P, G-Dragon & Zico
Picks 2: Dean, Crush, Hani, Rap Monster & IU
The Bearded Schoolboy
Being a passionate dancer himself, the Bearded Schoolboy started out by choosing dancers such as Hyoyeon, Minzy and J-Hope but then gave up and just wanted to invite all of BTS as they'd be a fun group to hang out with and have food with. #EatJin
Picks: All of BTS (the members can just squish to fit in the seats)
The four-member girl group preferred to pick one date each to bring along to their Xmas party. Perhaps to get some vocal singing tips from the powerhouse vocalists, Taeyeon and Eunji?
Picks: Eunji, Taeyeon, Bobby and Prince Mak (yes, Aussie represent!)
As a lover of Korean hip hop and a former contestant of the show "Show Me the Money," Miki couldn't help but pick all her favourite rappers. And why wouldn't you? As she explained, you can get some, "sweet presents and bling-bling."
Picks: CL, Tablo, Mad Clown, Dok2 & the Quiett
After asking such a difficult question, it's only fair that I answer it too, right?
Here are MY picks, in no particular order.
1. f(x)'s Amber - she's so down-to-earth and would be an awesome friend to hang out with. She's just the kind of person that can make everyone - even strangers at a party - feel at ease.
2. BTS' Jungkook - The golden maknae (and my bias in BTS). I would love to hear him sing Christmas carols with that beautiful voice of his. Plus he's so talented, I'm hoping some of his talent could rub off on me. Sprinkle me with some of that golden talent pixie dust, please.
3. SHINee's Onew - He has a great voice and being the lovable dork he is, he would probably crack some silly Christmas jokes/puns and make everyone spill their drink from laughter.
4. James Reid - He's great at cooking and being a Filipino-Australian, could share in both countries' traditions. I do love a good ol' traditional Filipino feast. Noche buena (Christmas Eve midnight feast) is one of my favourite times of the year. Lechon, pancit, bibingka, puto bumbong....mmm, yum! (I'm already salivating).
5. Cheney Chen - Eye candy is my favourite type of Christmas candy.
What about you? Who would you have at your Christmas dinner party?
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! XD