What is up Victims, welcome to another week of random mental regurgitation.
This week, I have a little game for you!
Have you ever had a week, where things have sucked so bad that you become a ball of rage? Ever witnessed a wrong-doing and wished you could do more to help? Or ever just wanted to secretly have an ability that made you “different” from anyone else?
This week I asked myself a question:
If I had great power, would I realise the great responsibility? Would I secretly use the power to my own advantage without actually being bad or good? Or would I just rob banks and destroy my enemies?
This is really important in the grand scheme of things; How does someone with so much power, so much advantage and ease, stay innocent? Is it possible to do the right thing without doing the wrong thing along the way?
Let’s simplify and workout what your choices (and mine) would be - shining hero by day, super dirt-bag by night, or maybe a bit of both...
Here are the game rules:
1. Pick a path (good/bad/unknown) - this path can change over time as long as there is a reason.
2. Pick an ability - this can be anything from flight, through to clicking your fingers and changing people into monkeys.
3. Pick how you look - Are you going to run around in brightly coloured spandex? Control a mech suit or blend in with normal humans?
1. I’d be an unknown who probably turns bad as he becomes an old man. Yes, I'd save the victim in distress but I would probably destroy the person committing the crime. If I had powers, I'd more than likely be using them to take from the rich and give to the poor, as well as provide myself and loved ones with plenty.
2. Ultimate Telekinesis - I want to be that guy who can walk down a street and either solve crime or destroy the entire place without lifting a finger. Ultimate telekinesis would allow me to do anything! And this is why I believe I'd become a villain at some point in my life - you can't have unrestrained power without it getting the better of you.
3. I would look like a street punk - Much like the influence behind my punk joker costume, I'd be covered in spikes, have a bad attitude and blend in with a not-so-nice crowd. My face however would be somewhat of a skull or horrific horror theme. There's nothing cooler than having a hood to hide under when people fear what they see when they look at you.
So there it is!
Now it's your turn! Leave a comment with your answers to the three questions or tweet them at me on @wickedm6
Check out the What The Frak podcast for this kinda stuff and more.
For more geekly chat you can subscribe to WTFPod on iTunes and your favourite Android podcast player (rss), or listen HERE.