It's no secret that the K-Pop industry is growing rapidly in to the international market. I mean, there's two huge groups and KCON already visiting Australia this year.
But, the pop music has been dripped in to movies and TV shows for a while now. Here's five times K-Pop appeared on the big screen:
1. Microsoft used 2NE1's "I Am The Best" to compare their own Surface Pro 3 against Apple's MacBook Air. They showed a side-by-side comparison detailing how their product was better. (Now that's some fierce competition)!
2. Glee used K-Pop songs on two separate occasions. The first time was when a group of dancers were taught choreography from BIGBANG's "Fantastic Baby" and the second time they performed PSY's "Gangnam Style" during a concert performance.
3. Family Guy had a special episode where they went to Korea for Quagmire (one of the show's characters) wedding. The episode showed SISTAR's "Touch My Body". Peter Griffin and his friends also do a parody of Hyuna's "Bubble Pop." A really fun episode especially if you're a K-Pop fan!
4. For the release of Fantastic Four, Rap Monster made a track called "Fantastic," which was used for the movie's promotions.
5. Pitch Perfect 2's American promotional Trailer got a little help from BIGBANG's "Fantastic Baby." (It seems everyone loves Fantastic Baby)!
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: