If there is one thing that K-pop fans can all agree on, it's that there have been a number of happy and heartwarming moments that have occurred over the years.
In a heartwarming new thread over on Reddit, K-pop fans got into a fascinating discussion about the most happy and uplifting moments that have happened in K-pop. From tear-inducing reunions to long-awaited first wins and well-received comebacks, there have been quite a lot of heartwarming moments over the past few years.
Here are some of the happiest K-pop moments according to fans:
- Before she was in Girls Generation, Sooyoung was part of a Japanese duo called Route 0 with a girl named Takahashi. Sooyoung was asked in an interview whether she still spoke with her but said they had lost contact. After saying this, sones took their detective skills to use and were able to track down a friend of Takahashi on twitter. From this Takahashi contacted Sooyoung through instagram and left her a message. They eventually were reunited not long later at a soshi concert in Japan where she attended with her daughter.
- Beast sudden resurgence now as Highlight
Doojoon, Yoseob, Gikwang and Dongwoon were once JYPE trainees and didn't make the cut there.
Today they own an entertainment company and it's office is right next to JYPE.
How Jay Park rose after leaving 2PM.
He went from working at an auto shop changing tires to make ends meet to having his own label and winning several Korea Music Awards, including artist of the year. Its not easy for idols to transition into artists let alone a hip hop and R&B artist, but he did that entirely on his own.
Alot of his staff in AOMG are people he knew since highschool like Chacha Malone, who was part of his bboy crew Art of Movement.
- Every group's first music show win, warms my heart everytime.
- In a recent interview/variety show or something... MONSTA X's Kihyun mentioned how he saw Monbebes (fandom name) worked hard to get them their first win, and even though they didn't get it, he wanted them to know how thankful, surprised and pleased they were, and then asked for Monbebes not to feel guilty — something along those lines.
- Stella Kim who was supposed to debut with SNSD is still friends with many of them (Sooyoung especially) and even attended Sooyoungs birthday party together with them 2 months ago.
- Luna singing and using sign language for a deaf fan who wrote her that he (?) couldn't hear her but he was always happy to see her sing because she had a beautiful smile.
- F(x) getting their win during their 4 Walls comeback, and the girls crying about it. Krystal went on to say on Jonghyun's radio show that it was especially meaningful to them because they were deeply uncertain about how they would be received by the public after Sulli left the group.
- Everything having to do with EXID before the blessed Hani fancam by Pharkil. EXID was pretty damn nugu prior to this despite having amazingly talented and beautiful girls. Their releases prior to Up and Down were also pretty solid. So happy for their success.
I mean... this can go for every other group who's won the award and I'm most likely biased...
but SHINee receiving their first daesang award is truly something else... I still cry tears of joy and get real emotional almost everytime I watch it lol
What K-pop moment was the happiest and most heartwarming for you?
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: