American superstar Katy Perry is one of the most followed people in the world on Instagram, but she may have lost a few fans after recently posting up a picture of an Indian goddess.
The singer posted up the picture of the Indian goddess Kali, along with the caption "current mood," and it quickly drew criticism from the Indian community, many of whom think the post is offensive and that the significance of the goddess Kali has been lost on her.
Here are some of the negative comments:
- "Please Katy !! Don’t use such type of Indian God’s and goddess’ pics to represent our mood..Do you know what this pic means and what’s the story behind it."
- "We don’t care about your mood…..you should delete this post otherwise Indians soon change their mood.”
- "Are you serious? You're using pics of our Goddesses as memes?
- "Katy i respect you, but please remove that pic. I think it isn't very polite!!"
While there were a number of critical comments, some fans defended the singer's post:
- "LOL. She said Current mood and nothing else. Everyone making their own stuffs? Admire your creativity guys!! Bravo! Still Katy is bae 😍"
- "I look at this pic as learning and art and a better understanding"
- "I don't get it if you don't like what she post don't look but it's 2017 everything's offensive"
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: