Today (May 16) is a very special day for K-pop fans everywhere - it is IU's birthday!
To celebrate IU's 24th (25 in Korea) big day, we've decided to go back down memory lane and revisit some of the moments that made us fall in love with the singer in the first place.
7. When she danced for joy after seeing a mural painted for her by fans
This is the most recent moment, and one of the sweetest. After reports that IU will spend her birthday painting a mural with fans, the singer's fans decided to surprise her by painting a lovely mural ahead of time.
And as evidenced by the video, IU is super happy at her gift!
6. When she surprised us all with that high note at the end of "Good Day"
We all knew IU was a great singer, but then she blew us all away (again) when she hit that ridiculously high note at the end of her hit song "Good Day!"
5. When she made us all laugh during her appearance on "Weekly Idol"
Between getting hit with the plastic hammer and the random play dance shenanigans, IU's "Weekly Idol" appearance was one of the show's most memorable.
4. When she somehow looks even cuter when being woken up
Is it even possible for anyone to look this cute?
3. That time when she said her ideal type is BIGBANG's Taeyang
If Taeyang wasn't happily spoken for, we would totally ship him and IU together!
2. When she won her very first music show award
She looked so stunned and surprised at the result that we couldn't help but fall in love with her, especially after she looked confused about what to do when handed the microphone.
1. When she oh so nearly slipped, but recovered beautifully
Talk about grace and class! We would've just gave up midway and fell straight to the ground!
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: