"His condition is still not good."
By
2 Jun 2017 - 9:28 AM  UPDATED 7 Jun 2017 - 2:04 PM

UPDATE: Following numerous reports about T.O.P's condition following his hospitalisation last night, the BIGBANG rapper's mother has spoken to the media.

Speaking, through tears, in front of the hospital emergency room, T.O.P's mother reportedly said, "T.O.P still couldn't recover his consciousness, so why have the police announced that?" She then said,"[T.O.P's] condition is still not good so please don't report any biased news"

Yeonhap news reported on June 6 that according to the police T.O.P was neither unconscious nor in a severe condition. YG entertainment told Starnews, "we are still waiting for T.O.P's results, and the doctor's opinion from the hospital, and T.O.P has still not recovered his consciousness."

Previously reports surfaced saying that T.O.P was found unconscious on the morning of June 6. Upon discovery, the BIGBANG rapper was rushed straight to hospital. 


Previously T.O.P was indicted without detention on charges of smoking marijuana, prosecutors said Monday, according to reports.

Reports said that he had been removed from the military.

The Korea Herald said that, "The Seoul Central District Prosecutors‘ Office said that T.O.P, 29, is suspected of smoking the banned substance four times with a female singer trainee at his home in Seoul in October last year."

Following a hair follicle test earlier this year, the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency reported that the results came back positive that T.O.P had used marijuana. Marijuana use in South Korea, and the rapper's case was forwarded over prosecutors in April.

Details have since emerged that T.O.P had allegedly used marijuana last October with a female acquaintance, and following police investigations into the matter, the rapper reportedly denied any charges, saying he only smokes electronic cigarettes and was unaware he had ingested marijuana. 

In response to these reports, YG Entertainment have issued out a statement on the matter, writing that T.O.P has cooperated with the police in the investigation before apologising for worrying fans.

Here's YG's statement in full: 

"Hello, this is YG Entertainment.

First and foremost, we would like to convey our deepest, most sincere apologies.

After looking into the matter, our company has found that as stated by the media reports and the police, Choi Seunghyun (T.O.P) was charged on suspicion of smoking marijuana before enlisting in the military, and has cooperated in earnest with the investigation. During the investigation, he admitted to most of the charges, and is deeply reflecting on his actions.

Again, we are sorry for causing so many people to worry.

 


 

Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio

Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.

Download the app here:

 

FOR MORE:
EXO's Kai and f(x)'s Krystal have broken up
Another superstar couple bites the dust...
TWICE is helping students learn English, one MV at a time
Have an English test soon? Don't worry, just watch a bunch of TWICE MVs!
Suran praises BTS' Suga as a great and supportive friend during tough times
Not only is Suga a great producer, but it sounds like he's the sweetest person ever!
BIGBANG hits historic YouTube view milestone
Leave it to BIGBANG to break new ground in the YouTube record book!