K-pop has many things that fans love, such as the songs, the dances, and the visuals. But for some, it is the smaller, less noticed things that get appreciated the most.
In a new thread over on Reddit, K-pop fans got into a fascinating discussion about the small things that they love about K-pop. With Reddit being the home to a large number of fans who have diverse tastes and interests the answers were certainly very interesting.
Here are some of the "little things" that K-pop fans absolutely love:
- Can vlives be considered a small thing? I just think it's cool how you can have your favourite groups just suddenly go live on a whim and watch them in real time (or watch past broadcasts) and talk to them. Allows them to interact with fans globally and it just feels a bit more special (to me at least) since I'm unable to actually be in Korea and see them in person at something like a fansign.
- the community. i know that many people, myself included, have issues with fandoms and such. but i have to say i've made some of my best friends through kpop, and i'm so grateful for that.
- I just love the friendliness between members of the groups and seeing how they are together. I loved IOI and that was because of their two reality shows and I also love Twice and Love Twice TV.
- Fanchants. It makes me so proud of the artist and gets me hyped even if I'm just listening to a recording.
- the constant stream of new music! before kpop I would just have the music I listened to and then maybe if I came across something I liked on the radio or the internet I would check it out. now, almost every other day there's a new release that I don't have to go looking for, I can just find it on this sub, and my interest in groups/genres is always expanding!
Concepts/Coordi - Hands down I saw this question and I know this would be my answer. I love seeing different concepts coming to life. It's like cosplay on steroids and Kpop does it so so well. I find myself really anticipating what concept I'm going to see next. Concept Kings and Queens like SNSD, BigBang, EXO, Twice, and Red Velvet (along with so many others) really make the experience as a fan super enjoyable. Seeing groups like CLC go from a wholesome concept to a badass concept makes me so damn happy, and vice versa.
I could go on all day about this, I love concepts.
- the 'funny' dance practice videos. I don't think I need to say more.
Tell us what your favourite "little things" are in K-pop!
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: