With the K-pop industry being super competitive, it can be tough for acts to receive their share of the attention, even for those who are super-talented.
In a new thread over on Reddit, K-pop fans got into a fascinating discussion about some of K-pop's more underrated acts who deserve more attention. With Reddit being the home to a large number of fans who have diverse tastes and interests the answers were certainly very interesting.
Here are some of K-pop's more underrated acts according to fans:
- For me, what sparked the idea for this post was Vromance. I was just listening to their track Thank You For Being Pretty (예뻐서 고마워) and it's so great. I've heard that they're not actually that popular in Korea and that they might be struggling compared to other groups.
- In my opinion? FT Island. They write, compose, and produce all their own tracks and consistently receive positive reviews for their releases. They hit their 10 year freaking anniversary, and literally almost no one cares. DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS FOR A GROUP TO STAY TOGETHER FOR 10 YEARS?! ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE NOT SUPER POPULAR LIKE BIG BANG OR SNSD?
- 9muses have a strong collection of very good songs spanning years like Hurt Locker, Ticket, Wild, Gun, Glue, Drama, etc, and i am surprised they never became a more famous group. they're not exactly "unknown" but they're far from top tier. They have never won on a music show! now there are only 4 members left, in fact the subunit 9muses A is just the whole group now. Hoping their new song does well!
- I do feel like 24K is pretty underrated considering their style. As far as I know all of their titles since Hey You have been self-composed! Several of their titles have been self-choreographed (or maybe all of them since Hey You as well, I think I heard that Jeonguk started choreographing for them when Daeil left) also. But between the fact that their titles became pretty aggressively not public friendly after a while and the fact that they keep both adding and losing members (they only have two members from the original lineup who are still there...), I think this is really mostly on Choeun.
- Berry Good. Don't Believe is such a good song, I don't understand why people don't listen to it. Berry Good deserves to be successful. Amidst a tidal wave of new generic cute girl groups, they really do stand out.
Ladies' Code!!!!!! They deserve so much! They've been through a lot but still had the courage to come back and keep doing music for RiSe and EunB.
Their songs are so!!! good!!! I wish people would stop sleeping on them.
- For the Korean community: KARD For the International community: Bolbbalgan4
Which underrated K-pop acts deserve more attention, PopAsians?
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: