Since its launch in 2004, MelOn has become one of South Korea's most popular online music sites, as well as one of the most influential music charting sites. In celebration of its time in K-pop and with over a decade of music chart data to pull from, MelOn has now pulled the curtain back on who the top 10 artists have been on the site's music charts over the past 10 years.
In a new report from News Donga, it was revealed that BIGBANG are MelOn's number one artist with a total of 51 weeks at the No.1 spot and a total of 18 No.1 songs. 2nd place goes to IU, who logged in an impressive 36 weeks at the No.1 spot and 16 No.1 songs, while 3rd place belongs to the Wonder Girls, who have had 32 weeks at No.1 and 8 no.1 songs.
Here's the complete ranking list of the top 10 artists on the MelOn music charts over the past 10 years:
=10. PSY (9 weeks at No.1, 3 No.1 songs)
=10. Busker Busker (9 weeks at No.1, 5 No.1 songs)
9. Miss A & Infinite Challenge (10 weeks at No.1, 5 No.1 songs
=8. LEESANG (11 weeks at No.1, 5 No.1 songs)
=8. TWICE (11 weeks at No.1, 3 No.1 songs)
7. DAVICHI (16 weeks at No.1, 10 No.1 songs)
6. Girls' Generation (17 weeks at No.1, 8 No.1 songs)
5. SISTAR (27 weeks at No.1, 10 No.1 songs)
4. 2NE1 (28 weeks at No.1, 12 No.1 songs)
3. Wonder Girls (32 weeks at No.1, 8 No.1 songs
2. IU (36 weeks at No.1, 16 No.1 songs)
1. BIGBANG (51 weeks at No.1 18 No.1 songs)
A big, big congrats to all the artists who made it into the top 10 MelOn artists list!
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: