BIGBANG. Girls' Generation. EXO. 2NE1. Without a doubt, these are some of the most memorable names in K-pop. Having said that, there are many other K-pop group and artist names that are also equally memorable, but for completely different reasons!
In a new thread over on Reddit, K-pop fans got into a hilarious discussion about the funniest group and artist names, both active or tentative pre-debut names. With Reddit being the home to a large number of fans who have diverse tastes and interests the answers were certainly very interesting (and funny).
Here are some of the funniest K-pop group and artist names:
not a group or idol stage name but DIA's fandom name has got to be the worst one yet lmfao
(AIDs for anyone who doesn't know)
- I'm pretty sure nothing can beat the fact that Mamamoo all considered Belly button as a group name. I shudder to think what the lightsticks would look like.
- Weki Meki. I think we all agree this one is pretty bad, but I think it would sound better if it wasn't pronounced "wicky micky". But they're gonna bless us with those WEMES so we better embrace it.
- Sistar - "Diridiri Daradara Duruduru Bop". I couldn't make that one up if I tried.
- BLACKPINK - "Pink Punk". This isn't that bad to be honest but it's definitely not great and way too edgy for them lol
- BEAST - "Gold Silver Bronze Bald Eagle". What's with CUBE and trying to name their groups Gold Silver something? Lol.
- Jimin from BTS - "Baby G". I can't.
- CRYING NUT
- How can you make a post about kpop names and leave out the best/worst one yet: teenage emoboy emotion next generation talent object praise
- Every day I thank my lucky stars that Namjoon at least had the foresight to use "Rap Monster" instead of the not that different but somehow 10000x worse Rap Monsta
- EXO was almost called Boy's Paradise which is just weird. But my favorite potential stage name was Sehun almost being called Leo which isn't bad on it's on but if you combine it with this last name he'd me Oh Leo. Oreo. Sehun would be an Oreo.
- SHINee was almost called "The Kiddies" lol. Key mentioned it on a TV show once.
- GFRIEND - "WORLD CONQUEST". I can't stop laughing at this one, someone told me this earlier so I'm not sure but even if it's wrong this is still funny.
What are the funniest K-pop group and artist names for you, PopAsians?
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: