There are a number of pivotal moments in K-pop that ultimately shaped how a group or artist's career turned out, but what if those moments went slightly differently?
In an interesting new thread over on Reddit, K-pop fans got into a fascinating discussion about some of the most pivotal moments in K-pop history and what would've happened had those moments went differently. With Reddit being the home to a large number of fans who have diverse tastes and interests, the answers were certainly very interesting.
Here are some of K-pop's biggest "what ifs" as noted by fans:
- What if EXID's Up & Down never went viral?
- What if Yeri never joined Red Velvet?
- What if Jay Park had never left 2PM?
- What if BTS had stuck with its original line up?
- What if KrisTaoHun hadn't left Exo? how crazy would their physical sales be by this point?
- What if jackson had become a professional fencer instead of trying to become an idol? what would got7 be like without jackson, would they even be called got7? would they be as popular as they are now?
- what if nu'est had not participated in produce 101? i don't know exactly how they were doing before the show, but if i remember correctly, one of them said that they were on their way to disbandment
- What if IOI was turned into a permanent group? How big would they be now?
Tell us your creative K-pop what if's!
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: