One song. That's usually all it takes for most fans to fall down the K-pop rabbit hole. But here's the question, what was that one song that got you hooked onto K-pop?
In an interesting new thread over on Reddit, K-pop fans got into a fascinating discussion about which was the 1st song they discovered from their favourite groups and artists. With Reddit being the home to a large number of fans who have diverse tastes and interests, the answers were certainly very interesting.
Here are some of the 1st K-pop songs heard by fans from their favourite groups/artists:
- BTS - DOPE Even to this day, it's my favorite BTS song of all time.
- EXO - Call Me Baby Still my all-time favorite.
- Big Bang - Fantastic Baby This is probably a first for many VIPs.
- VIXX - Error - Heard while listening to the weekly suggested playlist on Spotify and was immediately in love with their sound, which I was happy to find is pretty consistent through their music.
- Infinite: Come Back Again Knew I would like them and I got the song but I didn't stan them until Be Mine.
- BLACKPINK - Boombayah
- SNSD - Gee - Gee was the first and to this day my favourite Girls Generation song, It kind of brought my attention to them.
- Miss A - Only You - It had been a couple of months until I heard this song and straight away I became a fan. Unfortunately this was the final song before the groups hiatus.
- 4Minute - Hate - I got into Kpop during the end of 2015 and heard of 4Minute on the final comeback so I didn't know about them. When they announced there disbandment on the basis that this comeback didn't do as well as they were expecting and to this day it surprises me. This song was my intro to 4Minute and ever since then I've been opened up to 4Minute.
- Red Velvet - Dumb, Dumb
- TWICE - Like Ooh-Aah
- AKMU - 200% - the classic.
- f(x) - Chocolate Love. While going down the rabbit hole of SNSD, I stumbled upong their version of Chocolate Love, and was instantly hooked too.
Tell us the 1st song you heard from your favourite K-pop group/artist!
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: