K-pop may be filled with those bombastic live performances and awesome music videos, but fans find equally as much joy when they see close friendships form between idols.
In an interesting new thread over on Reddit, fans got into a fascinating discussion about some of their favourite idol friendships. With Reddit being the home to a large number of fans who have diverse tastes and interests, the answers were certainly very interesting.
Here are some of the best K-pop idol friendships according to fans:
- Not to be totally obvious with my banner, but Jongin and Taemin. They're super sweet together, Jongin crying for SHINee when they won an award and Taemin in turn laughing at and recording Jongin crying when EXO got their award :P There's countless interactions of them at SM Town concerts, Jongin participated in Taemin's solo, and they had their own little bromance show too.
- Hongki really looks up to Heechul and I think the two are very similar. They push boundaries without overstepping them and seem like the type to get into scandals all the time, but they both have a good reputation! I can't remember correctly, but I also think Hongki got his drinking habits from Heechul, i.e. not driving even after only have one drink etc etc.
- BTS' Jin, VIXX's Ken, and B1A4's Sandeul. They went on a ski trip together, ate dinner at Jin's house (cooked by Jin + his mom), and always act weird-cute in public greeting each other. Plus it's always adorable to see the 92-liners acting like literal children when they finally get the chance to be together
- Btob and apink are really close but the closest pair is changsub and chorong . One time chorong was asked to do call a friend and she said she had no one but changsub. During a prank call she called him and asked for 5 million won from him and he decided to give her the money without question. Recently changsub saw that she didn't have any female friends and went out of his way to introduce her to mamamoo solar.
Taeyeon and Tiffany. Also known as the "We have lived together for the past 10/11/12/13 years" friends.
They are such opposites but somehow they ended up as best friends. I really admire how they could be roommates together for 13 years and counting. Even for some of my best friends, we were roommates for only 2 years and that was already too much.
- BTOVIXX!! I love any and every clip of them together, such as Eunkwang kissing Leo's hand or Peniel and Hyunsik teaching Hongbin how to dance Hotline Bling
- All of I.O.I, even after disbandment they're all still friends. They still have a group chat that I remember Chungha said is always full of messages when she wakes up, Yoojung stayed up to message Chungha the second her MV dropped and most of them are still close friends. During music shows they always look for each other at the end and it's really nice and sweet to see them always encouraging and supporting each other.
- Dara and CL!! Dara is CL's biggest fan. She flew to NY to see CL's first solo concert, and wore a CL shirt to the airport and enthusiastically showed it off to the press. They just vacationed in the Philippines together too, like yesterday. Their friendship is so sincere and adorable; seeing them together makes me so happy.
- Jackson and Rap Monster. They haven't had any super recent interactions, but just based on previous ones, I love knowing they have a close relationship. They have such contrasting personalities and it's so interesting watching them interact. Sometimes it looks like Jackson gets a kick out of bothering Rap Mon sometimes.
- SinB and Eunha's friendship.
Let us know what are your fave K-pop friendships!
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: