K-pop songs feature some truly interesting lyrical content, but for those who aren't familiar with Korean, there will be occasions where lyrics will be misheard entirely!
In an interesting new thread over on Reddit, K-pop fans got into a fascinating discussion about lyrics that they initially misheard. With Reddit being the home to a large number of fans who have diverse tastes and interests, the answers were certainly very interesting.
Here are some of the K-pop lyrics that fans got wrong on the first listen:
- Still cannot believe that the chorus of bigbang's FXXK IT does not start with "and i'm gonna get down"
- the first time i listened to body by mino, i thought he was saying "i'm talking bout your mom, i'm talking bout your daddy" in the pre-chorus and i was wondering why he would mention her parents in a song like this, but the second time i realized he was saying 몸 (mom) and 다리 (dari) which just means body and legs lmao
- I always thought SHINee's View is "down down down down View".
- 100% thought that Sehun said "It's a party Koko" but the music show captions in the corner have informed me that he says "it's about to go go"
what a mighty good man
ara neoneun good man
- The first time i showed my friend Dope, during Suga's "enemy enemy enemy" line, he said, "did that guy just say 'anime anime anime'?" and i almost died
- Russian Roulette's "Oh neon hangsang Love is game" sounded like "I know you love this game". As well as the "neon imi" in later on sounded like "don't eat me".
- I just found out yesterday while re-watching KARD - Hola Hola with captions... the chorus isn't "Hola Hola all night long / Hola Hola", it's actually this:
달아올라 올라 daraolla olla all night long
(Heat up all night long)
날아올라 올라 저 위로 naraolla olla jeo wiro
(Fly up high)
Tell us which K-pop lyrics you initially heard incorrectly!
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: