From the dancing to the various locations, K-pop MVs are filled with many things that catch your eye. But of all the things in a music video, one of the biggest elements that fans keep tabs on are the super-colourful outfits
In an interesting new thread over on Reddit, K-pop fans got into a fascinating discussion about their favourite outfits from various K-pop MVs. With Reddit being the home to a large number of fans who have diverse tastes and interests, the answers were certainly very interesting.
Here are some of the best outfits seen in K-pop MVs, as pointed out by fans:
- Mine has to be Blackpink's Playing With Fire there's something about the subdued style that makes me love it
- SHINee's Odd era gave us Key + the eye patch and SHINee at their all-black and smoldering best.
I basically like suits or suit-like outfits.
Monsta X: Beautiful
Seventeen: Don't Wanna Cry
BtoB: It's Okay
EXID: Night Rather Than Day
- Red Velvet's ice cream cake era, fx's red light (blonde krystal!!!), snsd's genie (the white uniforms in the helipad) and mr mr (the red and white suit they wore on one of the stages is my fave)
- Off the top of my head; Ladies Code in The Rain because it goes well with the entire artsy aesthetic, SHINee in 1 of 1 because SHINee always look good in suits, and NCT 127 in Limitless because they pull off homeless so well.
- Most looks in 2ne1's "I Am The Best" kill me, but this slaughtered me. PS the poodle counts as part of that look. 100%.
- These outfits from Seventeen's Very Nice are really good. They used them really well and the style just suited them all really well overall.
- EXO's Growl era was legendary. Simple but polished uniform looks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it did start the uniform trend for idols, or probably intensified the trend.
Tell us which K-pop MV outfit was the best!
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: