Jun Ji Hyun became well-known in Korea as a talented actress following her breakout lead role in the 2001 hit movie My Sassy Girl. Since then, she has cemented herself as one of Korea’s top film and drama actresses, as well as becoming an endorsement queen.
Let’s get to know more about Jun Ji Hyun:
1. Her real name isn’t actually Jun Ji Hyun, it’s Wang Ji Hyun and her English name is Gianna Jun.
2. When she was younger, she wanted to become a flight attendant. But when she was 16 years old, she began modeling when a friend introduced her to a photographer.
3. The movie My Sassy Girl, which launched her career, is still one of the highest-earning Korean comedy movies of all time with 4,852,845 tickets sold across the nation!
4. She married her non-celebrity husband in 2012. The two have known each other since their elementary school days. (Nawww!~)
5. She has been an actress for 19 years, but has only starred in 5 dramas in her career. Her latest drama was 2016/2017's The Legend of the Blue Sea, which also starred Lee Minho.
6. She became a mother in early 2016, giving birth to a baby boy and was actually pregnant filming the movie Assassination. (She’s the Serena Williams of acting haha)
7. She has earned over $11,500,000 USD ($14,399,397.25 AUD) from just her commercial work.
8. When filming a kiss scene with Kim Soo Hyun for the movie The Thieves, they had to shoot the scene over 10 times because the director wanted it to be "just right!" (No wonder their chemistry is so good haha)
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: