Every K-pop idol and group goes through styling changes with every comeback, but there are some that are considerably more dramatic than others!
In an interesting new thread over on Reddit, K-pop fans got into a fascinating discussion about which styling transformations were the most dramatic. With Reddit being the home to a large number of fans who have diverse tastes and interests, the answers were certainly very interesting.
Here are some of the most dramatic styling transformations according to K-pop fans:
- I was absolutely flabbergasted to see Taemin's MAMA 2016 performance look because my biggest impression of him till then is this confusing long hair with bang boy-child look. He oozes with sensuality and charimsa in that performance. And imo his platinum-haired Adonis look is irrefutably his best look.
- Dino from Mansae era vs Dino from Aju Nice era. The stylists fixed his hair during Pretty U era but Aju Nice era was a sucker punch to the heart.
- Somin from April to Kard
Wolf to Growl
EXO glowed up in pretty much every conceivable aspect with that one. Especially Lay's hair transformation that took him from bright yellow blonde to dark strawberry blonde. And whatever the heck was going on with Baekhyun's hair definitely improved.
- Surprised no one mentioned Eunha's haircut starting from Navillera. To me, that's her iconic look that distinguish her from the other GFriend members (I sometimes confused her with Yerin when she had long hair).
- NU'EST's Ren has seen quite the journey with his hair! Ever since Debut it looked like Pledis wanted to give him this "girly boy" sort of look which they continued in later comebacks like Hello, but then they let his hair be "normal" again during Good Bye Bye (which I honestly think is his best look). Odd thing is with their two most recent comebacks Overcome and Love Paint they either made him wear a wig(?) or go back to experimenting with his hair again. Now with P101 and all he's pretty much gone back to what it was originally, but who knows what happens with his hair during their first comeback as NUEST W.
- Honestly what arcane evil do I need to sacrifice myself to in order to spare Namjoon from absurd styling next comeback. We can only pray the dark days are over.
What was the most dramatic K-pop styling transformation for you, PopAsians?
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: