Another week and that means only one thing - Prince Mak is back on SBS PopAsia radio with "The Prince Mak Hour."
In the latest episode of his radio show, Prince Mak decided to have a bit of fun this week by pulling the curtain back on some fun facts about some big-name K-pop groups and idols, as well as some interesting K-pop facts that you may or may not know about!
Without further ado, here are a few fun facts about some K-pop groups and idols (and K-pop in general) that you may or may not know about:
- BIGBANG are viewed more on YouTube in Japan than they are in Korea
- EXO are viewed more on YouTube in Thailand than they are in Korea
- Girl groups are actually more popular in Korea than boy groups.
- BTS' Jin's pants actually fell down during their debut stage! (Sorry fans, no video can be found of this!)
- Miss A's Suzy (Prince Mak's fave!) actually auditioned for the 2009 Mnet's SuperStar K but was eliminated during the preliminary rounds. Luckily, a JYP scout discovered her and she later debuted with Miss A!
- Rain auditioned for JYP 19 times - and failed 18 times! Luckily he got in on the 19th time!
- On SISTAR's Bora's TV debut day, her father was sadly suffering from illness and passed away.
- 2PM's Taecyeon proposed to his first loved with 2 rings - a silver and gold ring!
- Girl's Day's Yura has insured her legs for a whopping $500,000!
- BIGBANG's T.O.P's original stage name was Mark!
- Girls' Generation's Sunny shares the same birthday (May 15) as her two older sisters!
Listen to Prince Mak reveal some fun facts about your favourite K-pop idols at the 26:53 mark:
Catch Prince Mak's SBS PopAsia radio show "The Prince Mak Hour" every Tuesday @ 8PM (AEST).
How to listen:
SBS PopAsia is streaming live 24/7 on digital radio. Catch Prince Mak in the Studio at 8pm (AEST) every Tuesday.
- Listen live on tablet or mobile via the SBS PopAsia App.
- Listen on your computer via the SBS PopAsia homepage.
- Listen on DAB digital radio
- Don't worry if you miss a show, you can listen later - on catch-up - from the SBS PopAsia App.
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Download the app here: