From winning a long-awaited award to tearful reunions with family members, there have been quite a few moments in K-pop that have left fans in a crying mess. But then there are those little things in K-pop that you can't help but cry about anyway!
In an interesting new thread over on Reddit, K-pop fans got into a fascinating discussion about what trivial K-pop related things that they've cried over. With Reddit being the home to a large number of fans who have diverse tastes and interests, the answers were certainly very interesting.
Here are of the small, trivial things that K-pop fans have cried over:
- Hani giving adivce to a teenage girl to not to get plastic surgery. I honestly can't put into words how hard this made me cry and how hard it hit me.
- When RV's Wendy told Kang Ho Dong on Knowing Brothers that despite his gruffly and prickly exterior, she felt that he was a good person, I was bawling buckets because he said that no one had complimented him in 10 years. Wendy's kindness along with the realisation that KHD's as human as the rest of us and needs reassurance made me cry so much.
It's lowkey embarrassing but I cry everytime a group gets their first win, first win in a long time, or first win after a controversy.
I was the messiest for: -f(x) first win after Sulli's departure -SVT 1st Win -Lovelyz first win -T-Ara first win in 5 Years
- This is like the most embarrassing thing ever, but I cried over the lack of J-Hope lines in Spring Day. Everyone had really hyped up Spring Day as potentially being their "big hit," and I just remember thinking something like if it did really take off his family would hear the song everywhere but wouldn't be able to hear him or brag about him or some equally melodramatic nonsense.
- I cried over Jooheon's past life clip from when they got hypnotized. He rarely cries, so this caught me way off guard.
- One time I cried when I found out Seungri once went to that Idol Athletic Championship thing alone. I don't know, I think I was just crying over how out of place he must've been or something. I saw pictures of him alone and bawled.
- Hyunbin crying in the audience when jonghyun didn't make the final 11 from broduce 101 was really heartbreaking
- when the paper planes started flying in this video of snsd performing into the new world. bawled like a baby at my work desk and led half my colleagues to think I was dealing with a breakup or something. don't know why, just seeing them all in awe on the raised platform brought on the tears
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: