Pop superstar Ariana Grande recently lit up the stage in Seoul as part of her "Dangerous Woman Tour," but fans aren't too happy with what they perceive as unprofessionalism from the singer.
According to Nate, Grande was scheduled to perform at the Geocheok Sky Dome on August 15 and was expected to arrive in Korea on the 14th. However, the singer's arrival was delayed, reportedly so she could avoid the press, and she didn't make it to Kimpo Airport until 5PM KST on August 15, 3 hours before her concert was scheduled to kick off.
Grande's late arrival wasn't well-received by fans, some of whom waited many hours to see her. This late arrival also affect those who bought VIP tickets to the singer's concert as they were unable to watch the scheduled pre-show rehearsal performance. In addition to missing out the soundcheck, the planned meet and greet session was reportedly delayed and shortened as a consequence of Grande's late arrival.
Fans also weren't too happy to see the singer post up an Instagram video of herself singing in the bathroom an hour prior to her concert, which some perceived as her "rehearsal."
Here are some of the fan comments about Ariana Grande's perceived unprofessionalism during her Seoul visit:
- How happy do you think she is? Made a quick stop in Korea, no rehearsals, sang for an hour and a half, and cashed in 2.5 billion won
- Something like this has never happened before ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ arrived to the country two hours before the concert, no time for rehearsal, performed for an hour and a half, and left the country straight after ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- Was Korea just a quick rehearsal stop for her? She really dressed like that on stage? ㅋㅋ
- What is she saying was so beautiful about Seoul when she barely even had any time to look at anything
- All the people who paid $650 for VIP tickets for rehearsal + backstage performances and a meet & greet with pictures got none of it. She arrived two hours before the concert so the rehearsal was canceled. The meet & greet was delayed so people who had time for that came out to find that their entrance to the actual concert was delayed. The concert was a mess. Koreans, once again, taken for fools.
- She literally went on stage without any rehearsals. Didn't check the size of the stage, the quality of the music equipment... she arrived like it was some local festival show, sang a few songs, and left right after. So comparable to how she acted in Japan.
- Really disappointed with how she treated her Korean fans
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: