K-pop idols may be known for their singing and dancing most of the time, but there are times where they do something that fans can't help but go "yep, I'm so proud of you for doing that!"
In an interesting new thread over on Reddit, K-pop fans got into a fascinating discussion about which moment they were the proudest of an idol. With Reddit being the home to a large number of fans who have diverse tastes and interests, the answers were certainly very interesting.
Here are some of the K-pop idol moments that fans were most proud of:
- Key telling sasaengs to live productively like humans
Honestly, when am I not proud of Bang Yongguk and his passionate support of many charities and causes?
He's just. Such a quality human. He loves B.A.P, he loves his fans, he loves the kids he sponsors and does his best to support. He's always trying so hard to make a positive impact on the world, and I think that's an incredibly admirable thing.
This was the first video I ever saw of him way back when, and I've been proud ever since.
- the first thing that comes to my mind is when it was revealed that nct have been volunteering at a school for more than a year, and that taeyong regularly gives a few students scholarships! (thread about it here)
- Back when f(x)'s Luna was on Immortal Song, she got a letter from a deaf fan saying how even though they couldn't hear her they could feel her emotions when she sang- so Luna performed a song and translated the lyrics into sign language as she sung. Here's the performance.
- MAMAMOO's Wheein using sign language to communicate with a deaf fan still gets me
Samuel buying a Big Issue magazine which helps support the homeless in S.Korea.
I think it's a great sight to see a kid willing to give back,on his own, to help those less fortunate than himself. It really shows his character and how well he was brought up.
- When Yoongi dropped his mixtape. It's so heavy and real. It takes a lot of courage to lay yourself out like that for the world to see.
Taeyeon getting hate for posting pics with drag queens back in 2013 and standing up for them telling people to stop hating on her friends. SNSD including drag queens in their recent All Night MV and just generally being really supportive of lgbtq.
And ofc all the charity. That girl they helped getting money for a heart transplant stands out.
As for something they didn't do themselves but I'm still proud of it would be the way ITNW has become a protest song for Korean millenials used in the Enwa school protests, presidential protests, women's march, pride parade etc. Even saw the name used for a new course on Women rights.
- Gfriends famous wet stage disaster. Those girls took a beating and just kept dancing strong. Fighting!
- For example, I was proud of Jonghyun for sending messages of support to LGBT+ people.
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: