Wanna One have become one of the most successful K-pop groups in the last year, and they're coming to Australia this week! The boys are currently the second highest-selling K-pop group of 2018 in Korea and they're in high demand, working non-stop doing performances, photo shoots, variety shows and commercials.
So, let’s get to know Wanna One with 11 facts you might not know about them!
1. Ha Sung-woon was a former JYP and SM Entertainment trainee before debuting with HOTSHOT in 2014 with Star Crew Entertainment.
2. Bae Jin-young received an 'F' grade for his first audition on Produce 101 Season 2, yet he still made the top 11. He’s also known to be one of the best visuals of the group.
3. Hwang Min-hyun is the only member from four participating NU'EST members who made it into the group. He had a cameo appearance in Orange Caramel’s "Shanghai Romance" music video, which gave him the nickname ‘Shanghai Boy’.
4. Yoon Ji-sung is the oldest member and known for his amazing facial expressions, and for 'Ji-sung Clap' (a clapping technique he came up with). He was the go-to-guy for giving big reactions during the filming of Produce 101 Season 2.
5. Lai Kuan-lin was an extremely smart student, placing second in his entire school for his final exams. He moved to South Korea alone to pursue his idol dream.
6. When Park Woo-jin was 11 years old, he auditioned for popular talent show Superstar K. He is known for his impressive rapping ability.
7. Ong Seong-wu is a trainee at Fantagio where former I.O.I. members Choi Yoo-jung and Kim Do-yeon are also from. He’s known for his unique popping moves.
8. Before Kim Jae-hwan auditioned for Produce 101 Season 2 he used to busk on the streets with his band, drawing in big crowds with his amazing vocals. He also made it to the semi-finals on Korea’s Got Talent 2 in 2012.
9. Lee Dae-hwi was a former JYP Entertainment trainee and is an extremely talented music composer. He's well-travelled too, having lived in Los Angeles, USA for six years and Osaka, Japan for two years growing up.
10. Park Ji-hoon became popular after winking at the camera during his ending pose for the "Pick Me" performance. He then made his own catchphrase, "Save you in my heart." He was a trainee at SM and Fantagio before joining Maroo Entertainment.
11. Kang Daniel’s original name was Kang Euigeon but he changed it because a lot of people found it difficult to pronounce. Daniel came in first place in the final Produce 101 episode getting a whopping 1,578,837 votes. He used to be a b-boy dancer and whenever he’s on variety shows he’s usually asked to show off his slick moves. He’s from MMO Entertainment where fellow Wanna One member Yoon Ji-sung is from.
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: