It goes without saying that K-pop idols are required to be talented in various areas of their craft, and sometimes they may lack in certain elements. Having said that though, these idols who may be lacking somewhere more than make up for it through sheer effort and charisma!
In an interesting new thread over on Reddit, K-pop fans got into a fascinating discussion about which idols make up for their lack of a certain ability with effort and charisma. With Reddit being the home to a large number of fans who have diverse tastes and interests, the answers were certainly very interesting.
Here are some K-pop idols who compensate for their lack of a certain ability with effort and charisma:
- Whilst watching BTS' recent comeback stage for Go Go I was surprised by how drawn in I was by V. Despite not being an official member of the dance-line V is able to make up for it by bringing lots of charisma and energy to every performance which makes him a pleasure to watch. Are there any more examples like this that you can think of?
//Jean Ralphio voice: HyunnnaaaaAAaaAAaaa
She's a good dancer at least, but we all know we tune into her performances because she lights the stage up like nobody's business. Nobody does charisma like Hyuna does.
- Seungri. Back then when he danced for YG audition, YG told him "we're looking for singer not a dancer". After hearing that, he put lots of effort on improving his singing ability and eventually defeated Hyunseung for the last spot in Bigbang. His vocal skills totally impressed me in songs like A Fool of Tears and Gotta Talk to U.
- Seulgi is really bad on variety shows but she tries so hard and I think it's the cutest thing.
- Peniel from BTOB. Even though he himself knows that he the most lacking member in the group, he always tries his best despite having to deal with hair loss since debut. I feel like the reveal of his shaved head last year has really pumped him back into spirits.
- I'd say Minho from SHINee. He is the worst singer in the group (cause he's surrounded by some really great singers) and he's not the best dancer but I always say he's probably the hardest trier in kpop. He rarely (if ever) phones it in.... he goes 100% all the time in everything he does.
- TOP. To badly quote More Wong Fu, if TOP can do it so can you. No one has ever accused him of being the most gifted dancer but man can he draw you in.
- Wendy is one of the weaker dancers in Red Velvet, but she always looks so gosh darn happy while performing that you barely notice (at least to me).
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: