Park Shin-hye experienced her first breakthrough role when she starred in drama Stairway to Heaven in 2003. Since then she has become one of South Korea’s most well-known actresses playing the leading role in popular dramas such as The Heirs, Pinocchio and Doctor Crush.
Let’s get to know more about Park Shin-hye!
1. Shin-hye was a role-model student. In between her busy filming schedule, she managed to maintain a 3+ GPA for her drama and cinema program at Chungang University.
2. Shin-hye became the face of cosmetics brand Mamonde in 2014. During the filming of her drama Pinocchio, she wore lip balm by the brand, which then saw a huge increase in sales being dubbed the ‘Park Shin-hye Lipstick Effect.'
3. She debuted as a child actress when she was 13. This year will mark her 14th year in acting. (Incredible! No wonder she's so good).
4. Aside from acting Shin-hye is an amazing singer. She usually sings on the OST’s for her dramas and if you’re lucky enough to go to one of her meet-and-greets, she likes to belt out her favourites tunes while on stage
5. Shin-hye has become known for her kind donations. Throughout the years she has given to various charity organisations. Beautiful inside and out!
6. She had made various music video appearances in "Letter" by Kim Jong-kook, "Alone in Love" by Lee Seung-gi and "Insensible" by Lee Hong-gi.
7. Throughout her career, she's won over 23 drama and TV awards and has become really popular internationally, giving her the title of a Hallyu star.
Listen to SBS PopAsia Digital Radio!
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: