There have been a number of K-pop groups who have made a huge splash on the the scene in 2017, but who made the biggest impact this year?
In a new survey conducted by Joynews24 in celebration of its 13th anniversary, 200 professionals in the entertainment industry, which includes entertainment company staff, producers, and reporters, shared their picks for whom they think are K-pop's top brand, artist, and song for 2017.
- BTS (82 votes)
- WANNA ONE (45 votes)
- SM Entertainment (20 votes)
- EXO (15 votes)
- Mnet’s Produce 101 (14 votes)
- BIGBANG (6 votes)
- Mnet's Show Me the Money (3 votes)
- IU, G-Dragon, YG Entertainment, TWICE (3 votes each)
- Mnet (2 votes)
- Other votes went to Cube Entertainment, Pledis Entertainment, CJ E&M, JYP Entertainment, NU’EST, and more.
Perhaps most interestingly, it was a very close battle at the top for the best K-pop artist of 2017 title, but industry professionals ultimately voted WANNA ONE as No.1, with BTS close behind in 2nd, and IU in 3rd.
Here's how the votes for the best K-pop artist broke down:
- WANNA ONE (50 votes)
- BTS (44 votes)
- IU (18 votes)
- TWICE and Bolbbalgan4 (9 votes each)
- Yoon Jong Shin (8 votes)
- EXO (4 votes)
- Heize and Sunmi (3 votes each)
- Additional votes went to MAMAMOO, Davichi, The Black Skirts, Lee Hyori, Zico, Penomeco, BTOB, and more.
And finally, several songs were voted as 2017's best K-pop song, but industry professionals ultimately voted Yoon Jong Shin's "Like It" as No.1, followed by Produce 101 Season 2's "Pick Me," and Heize's "You, Clouds, Rain."
Here are the best K-pop songs of 2017 as voted by industry professionals:
- Yoon Jong Shin’s “Like It.” (49 votes)
- “Pick Me” from “Produce 101 Season 2” (45 votes)
- Heize’s “You, Clouds, Rain” (featuring Shin Yong Jae) (19 votes)
- Red Velvet’s “Red Flavor” (13 votes)
- IU’s “Through the Night” (12 votes)
- Sunmi’s “Gashina” (5 votes)
- Ailee’s “Goblin” OST “I Will Go to You Like the First Snow," Bolbbalgan4’s “Some,” and IU's “Autumn Morning” (4 votes each)
- TWICE's "Signal" and WANNA ONE’s “Energetic” (3 votes each)
- TWICE's "Knock Knock," Nation's Son's “Never," BTS’ “DNA,” EXO’s “Ko Ko Bop,” Jung Seung Hwan’s “If It Was You” from the drama Another Oh Hae Young, and Crush’s Goblin OST “Beautiful” (2 votes each)
- IU “Palette” (1 vote)
Listen to SBS PopAsia Digital Radio!
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: