K-pop is all about making those happy moments that fans will remember forever, but there are times where things don't go quite as smoothly and fans end up angry instead.
In an interesting new thread over on Reddit, K-pop fans got into a fascinating discussion about which moments in K-pop made them angry. With Reddit being the home to a large number of fans who have diverse tastes and interests, the answers were certainly very interesting.
Here are some K-pop moments that made K-pop fans simmer with rage:
When Kyla from Pistin was being bullied online for her weight
When Tzuyu from Twice was being bullied and punished simply for stating she's Taiwanese
When Jackson from GOT7 had that awful prank pulled on him where he was made to believe he was meeting up with his mother but wasn't. Luckily JYP pulled through and got them to meet up with each other.
- When Tablo was accused of lying about his degrees from Stanford and despite all the evidence he showed, the antis still didn’t believe him
- When idols have to apologize for being their age. Whether it's dating and being found out or gaining weight, they're growing teens and adults and already sacrifice so much. The irony of fans listening to all their love songs but getting mad when they actually try to experience love or saying they need to control their weight or get surgery when clearly they're still so young- getting a nose job at 16 when your body hasn't grown into itself and you're not sure what you're actually going to look like is alarming to me.
- Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned: when allkpop leaked Ailee's nudes
- Hands down companies' mistreatment of their artists. My stomach is knotting up just thinking about TS and B.A.P, and there are SO MANY examples across the industry.
- The 9Muses documentary, especially the bit where the CEO slaps Sera with a bit of paper. Not just because of the act itself, but because of what it implies. If he thinks being that much of a dick on camera is totally fine, what is he doing when there's not a film crew filming everything?
- Whenever idols get swarmed in airports. It happens quite often but I think one of the worst recently was what Taeyeon at Jakarta. It was crazy since she had to get lifted up. It's just disrespectful, inconsiderate and annoying to swarm people to the point where they're getting grabbed and pulled on. I can barely deal with crowds on the subway let alone a mob of fans trying to get to you.
-How Alex was treated in Rania; actually just the management of Rania in general
-YG calling 2NE1 ugly
-SM’s general scumbag power plays against their ex-artists
-The Tzuyu flag thing
-When Tasha and Tiger JK brought their kid out on stage and received online comments about the kid being ugly
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: