Measures are being taken to keep TWICE safe
By
20 Dec 2019 - 10:24 AM  UPDATED 20 Dec 2019 - 10:24 AM

JYP Entertainment have shared an update on measures being taken to protect TWICE after recent stalker threats came to light.

On December 9, JYP had addressed online posts made by someone stalking TWICE member Nayeon, stating that they were fully aware of the threats and had been requesting legal measures as well as having placed guards with Nayeon to protect her.

On December 19, JYP released a new statement updating the stalking issue, in which they said: "We have made a protective custody request to the local police, and the protective custody is currently being implemented in the area near JYP Entertainment headquarters and the neighbourhood of Cheongdam. Also, guards will be accompanying her for all activities".

The statement also confirmed the company will be taking the strongest level of action once they've reviewed all legal options. They also said that the company will be taking legal action against the creation and spreading of malicious rumours about artists.

You can read a full translation of the statement on Soompi.


 

Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio

Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.

Download the app here:

FOR MORE
Here's who Koreans voted as the top artists and idols of 2019
As voted by the general public
GOT7's Youngjae warns sasaengs to stop contacting him
This isn't the first time Youngjae has had to call out this behaviour
EXO's Chanyeol files police report after sasaengs attempt workspace break-in
The idol's privacy was violated by two Chinese sasaengs
JYP Entertainment to take legal action against GOT7 privacy violations
It comes after several members have complained of obsessive fans
11 intense stories of over-obsessive sasaeng fans
Sasaengs are widely criticised by K-pop fans for taking their obsessions too far.