Competition Terms and Conditions – BTS Tour 2019 – Competition
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between each entrant and Promoter. Entry into the competition (Competition) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Sony Music Entertainment Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 95 107 133 184) of 11-19 Hargrave Street, East Sydney, NSW, 2010 (Promoter).
3. The Competition commences at 12.00pm AEDT on Thursday, 4 April 2019 and concludes at 11.59pm AEST on Thursday, 18 April 2019 (Competition Period). Promoter may extend the closing date in its sole discretion. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt NOT at the time of sending by entrants. Late entries will not be eligible.
4. Entry is open to Australian residents 13 years of age and older, other than as set out in clause 5. Entrants under the age of 18 require the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the Competition and further, the parent or legal guardian must read and consent to these terms and conditions. By entering this Competition, the parent or legal guardian of any entrant under the age of 18 will be deemed to have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
5. Employees and agents of Promoter and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
How to enter
6. To enter the Competition, entrants must:
(i) Pre-order or purchase a copy of the ‘Map of the Soul: Persona’ album by BTS (the Album) in physical format in store or online from any ARIA accredited retailer listed on the ARIA Charts website at https://www.ariacharts.com.au/stores; or
(ii) Purchase a digital download copy of the Album online from any ARIA accredited retailer listed on the ARIA Charts website at https://www.ariacharts.com.au/stores; and
(iii) Go to https://forms.sonymusicfans.com/campaign/bts-album-campaign/ and fill in your name, email address and the receipt number of your pre-order or purchase of the Album; and
(iv)Answer in 25 words or less to the following question: ‘What is your favourite BTS song and why?’’ on the entry form located at https://forms.sonymusicfans.com/campaign/bts-physical-album-
pre-order-campaign/ and click on the ‘Enter’ button at the bottom of the page (the Entry).
All entrants must retain their receipt as proof of purchase.
7. Entry is limited to one (1) Entry per Album pre-order or purchase (as applicable). For the avoidance of doubt, Entrants can enter multiple times providing that they use a unique receipt number with each Entry. For clarity, in the event that an Entrant purchases more than one (1) Album they will need to obtain a separate receipt for each Album pre-ordered or purchased if they wish to Enter more than once. If multiple entries are made using the same receipt number more than once, such entries will be deemed void.
Prizes and Judging
8. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
9. The one (1) most creative and entertaining entry as judged by Promoter in its sole discretion will be deemed the winner (the Winner). TheWinner will receive:
(a) one (1) double pass ticket to see BTS perform live at Yanmar Stadium Nagai, Osaka Japan on Saturday, 6 July 2019 as part of their ‘Love Yourself: Speak Yourself’ Tour (the Performance);
(b) return economy flights from the capital city closest to the Winner’s residence to Osaka Japan for the Winner and one guest (arriving at Kansai International Airport on 5 July 2019 and departing Kansai International Airport on 8 July 2019);
(c) accommodation in Osaka Japan for three (3) nights for the Winner and their guest; and
(d) return car transport for the Winner and their guest from the Kansai International Airport to the accommodation for the above flights outlined in clause 9(b).
(collectively, the Prize).
For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include a meet and greet for the Winner and their guest. The exact dates and times of the flights in clause 9(b), hotel accommodation in clause 9(c) and return car transport in clause 9(d) shall be subject to change at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
The Prize is valued at approximately AU$7,500.
10. The entries will be judged by no later than 6.00pm AEST on Monday, 22 April 2019. The Winner will be notified by email according to the email address provided with their Entry. Further details relating to Prize redemption will be provided at this time.
11. If the Winner is under 18 years of age, they must take a parent or legal guardian as their guest who must accompany the Winner at all times whilst undertaking the Prize.
12. Attendance at the Performance is subject to the Winner’s and his/her guest’s compliance with the Performance venue’s conditions of entry and any instructions and directions given. Promoter accepts no liability or responsibility for any failure to comply with the above conditions of entry. Promoter, accommodation provider and the event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject the Winner and/or guest for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the Prize.
13. As a condition of collecting the Prize, the Winner and their guest consent to being filmed at the Performance (as applicable). The footage of the Performance may be made available, at Promoter’s discretion, on Promoter’s and/or BTS’ official social media channels, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or Vevo. Promoter may also photograph, video and/or film any other activities relating to the Winner’s acceptance or consumption of the Prize. The Winner acknowledges that Promoter has the right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it sees fit without further permission from or payment to the Winner. The Winner and their guest may be required by Promoter to provide further consents or sign releases in respect of their attendance at the Performance (as applicable) including giving consent to be filmed and the Winner and their guest agree to fully comply with any such request.
14. The Winner is only entitled to the relevant Prize as outlined above and is not entitled to any additional prizing or cash reimbursement to compensate for any difference in actual Prize redemption cost and maximum value. The Prize is not transferable nor can the Prize be taken as cash. No compensation is payable to the Winner if the Winner cannot receive any aspect of the Prize for any reason.
15. Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. If the Winner cannot be contacted within two (2) calendar days of first notification attempt, if the Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if the Winner rejects the Prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these rules, their Prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
17. Redemption of the Prize is subject to availability and may be dependent on travel class availability and specific room category availability. All components of the Prize must be taken together and when offered or are forfeited. The Winner and their guest must travel together and depart from and return to the same departure point. The Prize is a single event trip for the Winner and guest and cannot be separated into separate trips or components. The Winner and their guest are responsible for any amendment fees or additional fees issued by airlines or suppliers once booking is confirmed and ticketed (including but not limited to additional baggage charges, name changes, seat changes and end date changes). The Winner and their guest may not accrue frequent flyer points. No extension or variation of the travel and/or accommodation dates nominated by Promoter is permitted unless agreed by Promoter and shall be at the Winner’s sole cost. It is the responsibility of the Winner and their guest to ensure they are checked in for their flights, and arrive at the airport, on the correct date and at the time specified by the relevant airline carrier. Promoter is not responsible for any costs associated with the Winner and their guest missing any of their flights.
18. Participation in the Prize and any passes, tickets or vouchers issued as part of the Prize may be subject to prevailing prize supplier terms and conditions of use, which are subject to change without notice. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with travel discounts or special offers. Travel and accommodation are to be arranged by a licensed agent nominated by Promoter. The Winner and their guest will comply with any reasonable requests for information from Promoter and licensed agent to allow them to make arrangements for the Prize.
19. All additional costs not expressly stated herein but incurred in acceptance and use of the Prize is the responsibility of the Winner and their guest and will NOT be the responsibility of the Promoter. Promoter may in its sole discretion approve and reimburse reasonable per diem costs incurred by the Winner and their guest during their participation in the Prize (always subject to the provision of receipts). The Winner and their guest will be responsible for paying for those costs not expressly set out herein and which may include (but is not limited to) additional taxes (excluding airfare related taxes and charges included in the prize), valid passport, transport (including but not limited to transport to and from the Performance and transport to and from Kansai International Airport), spending money, personal items, phone calls, travel insurance, meals, drinks, souvenirs, sightseeing or activities, incidentals, gratuities, surcharges or other ancillary costs which are the sole expense and responsibility of the Winner and their guest. The Winner and their guest must each have a current and valid passport for travel to Japan, valid Japan Visitor Visa (if applicable) for the duration of the trip, must not have any criminal record which would prevent them from entering Japan and must have appropriate travel insurance in order to redeem the Prize. The Winner and their guest are responsible for taking out an adequate travel insurance policy for the duration of the Prize.
20. The Winner may be required to present a credit card or cash deposit at the time of accommodation check-in.
21. The Winner and their guest must conduct themselves in a responsible, courteous and respectful manner at all times whilst participating in the Prize. Acceptance of and participation in the Prize is subject to any prevailing terms and conditions of Promoter, and in particular, health, behaviour, age and safety requirements. The Winner and their guest must follow all reasonable directions given by Promoter during the course of their participation in the Prize, including all directions relating to age, health, behaviour and safety. Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify, sanction and/or eject the Winner and/or their guest from the Prize on the grounds of inappropriate behaviour, for age, health or safety reasons, or for any breach of these terms and conditions and conditions of use. If the Winner and/or their guest fail to participate in the Prize in the manner required, as stated in this clause and in the reasonable opinion of Promoter, their entry and the balance of the Prize will be forfeited with no compensation payable.
22. If for some reason beyond Promoter’s control, it is not possible to supply the Prize as advertised, Promoter will be entitled to supply a substitution prize in Promoter’s sole discretion. If the Competition is not capable of running as planned due to any reason (including, but not limited to fraud, a state of emergency, natural disaster, war, technical failures or any other causes), Promoter reserves the right without liability to the entrants to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Competition.
23. The Entry must not contain references which are obscene, crude or vulgar, and/or which contain phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or email), Web site URLs, derogatory characterisations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, references to illegal or inappropriate activity, behaviour or conduct, or any other references that could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Promoter, in its sole discretion. Promoter may delete any entries it deems offensive or inappropriate in its discretion and such entries will be disqualified from the Competition.
24. By entering the Competition, unless stated otherwise by the entrant, entrants agree that Promoter may use the entrant’s contact details in any media for future competitions, marketing or publicity purposes without further reference or consent. Promoter will collect personal information about entrants for the purposes of conducting the Competition and awarding the prizes. The Promotor reserves the right to share entrants’ personal information with relevant third parties including but not limited to BTS’ corporate entity for further marketing or publicity purposes. In accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), entrants have a right to access most of the information Promoter
25. The Entry will become the property of Promoter and each entrant hereby assigns, including as a present
assignment of future copyright, any right, title and interest (including copyright) the entrant may have in the Entry to Promoter worldwide and in perpetuity. Each entrant acknowledges that Promoter may use the Entry and materials and any intellectual property rights subsisting in the Entry in any medium and in any manner it sees fit, including without limitation, by reproducing, modifying or adapting such entries, free from any claim whatsoever in any country or place in the world. Each entrant further consents to any and all acts or omissions of Promoter which would, but for this consent, infringe any of the entrant’s moral rights or similar rights in the Entry
26. Under the Australian Consumer Law (Cth) and other statutes there are some warranties and conditions that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified or can only be excluded, restricted or modified to a limited extent. Promoter excludes all warranties and conditions to the extent allowable by these laws. Promoter accepts no liability or responsibility of any kind for any defect with the Prize nor for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition or the Prize in any way to the fullest extent allowable by law.
27. Promoter is not responsible for any misdirected, late or incomprehensible entries in the Competition. Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading or uploading any materials in this Competition.
28. Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications that may arise from winning the Prize. Entrants should seek independent financial advice about such matters.
29. The Prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry submission form. However, in a dispute, the Prize will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their Entry.
30. Promoter in its absolute discretion reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries and to disqualify entrants if they tamper with the entry process including but not limited to submission of an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions or where Promoter reasonably believes that an entrant has acted in bad faith in respect of the Competition.
31. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia.