METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to employees of registered Australian media agencies, aged 18 and over only. Employees of SBS and immediate families are ineligible to enter.
3. The competition period starts on Monday 09th May 2016 at 09:00 AEST and ends on Thursday 12th May 2016 at 23:59 AEST (the “Competition Period”).
4. To enter, participants must:
• Go to www.sbs.com.au/sbsmedia and follow the directions on the website;
• Register their details, including (but not limited to) name, address, email address and phone number;
Entries are subject to the following:
• Multiple entries during the Competition Period permitted limited to one per person, per day.
• Entry must be submitted in accordance with entry requirements to be deemed valid.
5. SBS reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
6. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
7. The Major Prize winner will receive a VISA Gift Card/s to the value of $1,000.00 AUD. The gift cards have a 12 month validity period and must be used in full before the listed expiry date. Any value not used by the expiry date will be forfeited. It is the winner’s responsibility to activate the gift card/s within 3 months of receipt of the card/s.
8. All valid entries are automatically entered into the Major Prize draw. The Major Prize winner will be drawn at random by SBS (or its nominated agent) on Friday 13th May at 9:00am at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064. The Major Prize winner will be notified by email and phone. The name of the winner will be published in The Australian and on SBS website on Thursday 26th May 2016.
9. If the Major Prize winner cannot be validated by 8:59am Friday 19th August 2016, SBS or its nominated agent will drawn another winner from all valid entries (“Second Chance Draw”) at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064 at 9:00am. The Second Chance Draw winner will be notified by email and phone on Friday 26th August 2016 at 11:30 AEST and published in The Australian and on SBS website on Wednesday 31st August 2016.
10. All prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change. There may be circumstances in which the Promoter cannot provide the prize as described for reasons beyond its reasonable control. In those circumstances, the Promoter will provide an alternative prize or prizes of equal or greater value to the promoted prize.
11. Prize does not include insurance, nor any optional extra features or accessories unless expressly stated in Clause 7.
12. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
13. Once prizes have left the prize supplier’s premises, we take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
14. SBS’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. SBS takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
16. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SBS (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
17. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST unless otherwise stated). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
18. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
19. SBS assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, SBS reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
20. All entries become and remain the property of SBS. SBS may use entrants' names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
22. The “Promoter” SBS is the Special Broadcasting Service Corporation of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.
23. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPM/15/00933 Class: Type C; ACT Permit No. TP15/07332. Promotions under these terms and conditions will commence on 15/09/2015 and finish on 30/05/2016.