EUROVISION 2018 - ‘WE GOT LOVE’ INTERPRETATION COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Competition: Eurovision 2018 – ‘We Got Love’ Interpretation Competition
Promoter: Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (ABN 91 314 398 574) (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064. Phone: 1800 500 727.
Entry Restrictions: The Competition is open to Australian residents only of any age. Parental or Guardian consent is required for any entrant under 18 years old. Employees of the Promoter, the Prize Supplier(s) and associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible
Competition Period: Commences: 00:01 AEST/ADST on 16/4/2018.
Closes: 11:59pm AEST/ADST on 10/5/2018.
How to enter:
The entrant is to create an original interpretation of Jessica Mauboy’s new song We Got Love. This could be either a dance, song, artwork or an interpretation in another language. The entry can be submitted as a video, photo/image or audio file.
By entering this competition the entrant is acknowledging that they approve of and grant all rights necessary to the Promoter for sharing and using the content in any way and in any media and that all participants or people who may feature in the entry are aware and approve of this use.
By entering the competition, entrants under the age of 18 years are confirming they have obtained parental or guardian permission to enter. Confirmation of consent may be requested at any time.
Entry Option 1:
- During the Competition period entrants must post their entry on either Twitter, Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #Eurovision.
- The winning entrant must agree to be contacted by the Promoter via social media and to provide the required contact details. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that their profile is on public, visible to the Promoter and that they are following the below accounts to allow the Promoter to contact the entrant in the event that the entrant is selected as the winner:
OR Entry Option 2:
- During the Competition period entrants must email their entry to Eurovision@sbs.com.au
- The winning entrant must agree to be contacted by the Promoter via email and to provide the required contact details.
One (1) Major Prize winner will receive a visit from Jessica Mauboy at the winning entrant’s school or other organisation.
- Prize to be fulfilled within a 12 month period from 11/5/2018 – 11/5/2019.
- Timing to be negotiated by the Promoter and Sony on available time for all parties.
Runners Up Prizes:
Ten (10) Runners Up Prizes will be awarded during the Competition Period.
The Runners Up Prize consists of one (1) signed copy of Jessica Mauboy’s single We Got Love and one (1) Eurovision supporter paddle.
Each Runners Prize is valued up to [$9.99] (RRP).
Total value of all Prizes: $99.90
Prize Supplier/s: SBS, Sony
One (1) Prize Winner and ten (10) x Runners Up will be selected from all valid entries.
A panel selected by the Promoter will judge all valid entries and the Winners will be selected on 11/5/2018 at 12:00pm (midday) at 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064.
Prize Winner Notification:
The Major Prize Winner and the Runners Up Prize Winners will be notified by social media or email on 11/5/2018.
Winners’ names will also be published on the SBS website on 14/5/2018.
Second Chance Draw and notification:
If a Winner cannot be contacted by 11:59 on 14/5/2018, the Promoter or its nominated agent will select another winner from all valid entries. Second Chance Draw winners will be notified by social media or email on 15/5/2018 and published on the SBS website on 16/5/2018.
General Terms and Conditions
- Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Information relating to the Competition and the above Schedule form part of the terms and conditions for the Competition. The Promoter may vary these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion, subject to approval of the relevant state authorities where applicable.
- Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions above. For entrants under 18 years old, the Promoter reserves the right to contact the parent or guardian of the entrant to confirm consent.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must complete the process outlined in the Entry Details during the Competition Period. Any entry received outside of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants may enter the Competition multiple times. Each entry must be submitted separately and meet the eligibility requirements.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated address and proof of entry validity, in order to claim a Prize. Acceptance of proof of eligibility is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that an entrant cannot provide proof, their entry will be deemed invalid.
- All valid entries are automatically entered into the Winner Selection process, which will take place at the times and dates set out in the Schedule, including any specified Second Chance Draw.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification details in the Schedule.
- All Prizes are as depicted or described in the Schedule and, unless otherwise specified, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter is not responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the Prize.
- If a Prize is date specific, the Winner must be available to redeem the Prize on the date/s specified in the Schedule. If the Winner is not able to redeem the Prize on the specified date/s, the Promoter may determine another Winner in its absolute discretion.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the Competition or in connection with taking up the Prizes.
- Once Prizes have left the Prize Supplier’s premises, no responsibility is taken for Prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in Prize value between now and the ultimate Prize redemption date.
- All Prizes are subject to availability. In the event that any of the Prizes or part of a Prize becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar prize to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to state regulations.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements.
- Neither the Promoter nor the Prize Supplier/s or their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury that results directly or indirectly from the Winner taking part in any aspect of the Prize. Where relevant, the Winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the Prize package and will take out appropriate travel insurance.
- Winners are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the Prize, including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, incidentals, gratuities, services charges, optional extras, transfers, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation any tax liabilities, airport charges, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs. Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, travel insurance is not included in the Prize and will be the responsibility of the winner(s). Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- Neither the Promoter nor the Prize supplier or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond the Promoter and the Prize supplier's control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the Prize in accordance with the Prize description.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the Promoter’s opinion, includes objectionable content.
- This Competition is a game of skill and chance will play no part in determining the Winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon literary and creative merit.
- All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. By entering, Entrants also confirm that they have the consent of any person who features in the entry. If consent is not obtained for all people featuring in the entry, then the entry may be disqualified.
- Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- The Promoter takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a Prize in this Competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- The Promoter and the Prize Supplier/s assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administrative security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available to the fullest extent permitted by law, including to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. Subject to state regulations.
- All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter.
- Entrants consent to their full names and/or their entries being used in all media by the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge and agree they may be required to participate in promotional activities while taking up the Prize.
- The Promoter may use entrants' names and details for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. The Promoter may also be required to disclose your personal information to its contractors, agents, co-promoter and to state and territory gaming departments to assist in conducting the Competition.
- Any entrant found to be using multiple social media accounts to enter the Competition may be disqualified at SBS’s sole discretion.
- Entrants acknowledge this Competition is in no way associated with or sponsored or endorsed by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this Competition is not provided to Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.