Eurovision – Australia Decides – Win the Ultimate Trip to the
Gold Coast! Competition
Terms and Conditions
- By casting a valid vote for Eurovision – Australia Decides voters will automatically be entered into the “Eurovision – Australia Decides – Win the Ultimate Trip to the Gold Coast!” competition (the “Competition”), by doing so, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- Information on how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Subject to clause 4, entry is open to all residents of Australia. Entrants under 18 years of age must have the prior consent of their parent or guardian and the phone account holder prior to entering.
- Employees and their immediate families of Blink TV, SBS, Wet’n’Wild Sydney Pty Ltd, Village Roadshow Theme Parks and Ansible Pty Ltd and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to be entered into the Competition, although Employees and their immediate families of Wet’n’Wild Sydney Pty Ltd and Village Roadshow Theme Parks are still eligible to cast a vote for Eurovision – Australia Decides.
- Competition commences on Saturday 9 February 2019 at 01:00 AEDT and closes on Saturday 9 February 2019 at 22:15 AEDT (the “Competition Period”).
- In order to enter, entrants must:
a) Make one (1) or more votes to the Eurovision – Australia Decides Voting Campaign during the competition period.
b) Every one (1) vote equals one (1) entry to the Competition.
c) To register a single SMS vote, text the Song Number (as promoted in program and online) of voter’s favourite Act to 1991 3773 (Charge $0.55 per SMS – Helpline 1300 851 419).
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of thepromotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants may vote multiple times, up to a maximum of twenty (20) votes. Every one (1) vote equals one (1) entry to the Competition.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- There will be One (1) Major Prize Draw conducted for this Competition. The draw will take place at Ansible Pty Ltd, Level 1, 16 Anster Street, Adelaide SA 5000 on Monday 11 February 2019 at 11:00 AEDT. The Winner will be notified by phone within two (2) business days of the draw, and in writing. The major prize Winner’s name will be published online at www.sbs.com.au/eurovision and www.eurovisionaustralia.tv from Wednesday 13 February 2019.
- There will be One (1) Major Prize Winner (the “Winner”). Prize (the “Prize”) details are below:
One (1) x Major Prize
The Winner will receive the following travel package to the Gold Coast for four (4) people:
If the Winner is under 18 they must be accompanied by an adult/guardian.
Total Prize value is $3,431.00 (including GST).
- The Winner and their travelling companions are responsible for all expenses not explicitly specified in the Prize (as per Clause 13) including but not limited to: spending money, meals and drinks, transfers, transport, laundry, activities, incidentals, taxes (excluding any flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is not included, but is highly recommended. Beverages are not included in meal prize.
- The Winner and their travelling companions are responsible for any travel from their residences to the departure point and must depart from the same capital city, at the same time. If the Winner resides in Queensland within 100kms of the Gold Coast flights will not form part of this prize. If the Winner resides in Queensland over 100kms from the Gold Coast a contribution to transport costs will be provided.
- In accepting the prize, the Winner agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed, photographed and social media activity. The Winner grants the Promoter a licence to use any footage and photographs and the Winner will receive no fee if material is used.
- Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash and all components of the prize must be taken together and booked as one package. If the winner is under 18 years the prize may at the absolute discretion of the Promoter be awarded to the winner’s parent or guardian. Winners are responsible for their own travel insurance. Any alterations to confirmed details within 7 days of arrival will be at the expense of the prize winner. The Winner should seek independent financial advice about any tax implications arising from the prize winning.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- For clarity, the Unlimited entry to Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast and Paradise Country is only valid for the length of the Winner’s stay and cannot be redeemed outside of these dates. Only the Winner and their companions are able to utilise the unlimited entry to these theme parks during this time.
- Once flights are booked and confirmed, any changes and costs incurred are at the responsibility of the Winner and not the Promoter.
- Accommodation for four (4) people in Premium double room (subject to availability). The Winner will be required to provide a credit card, or cash deposit, at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges.
- The Winner and their companions are responsible for all costs incurred for their travel to and from their chosen theme parks. It is the responsibly of the Winner and their companions to adhere to all conditions of entry to the theme park.
- The Winner and their travelling companions must confirm their booking with 21 days of the draw date. Travel is subject to availability at the time of booking and the Major Prize Winner must have completed travel by 20 December 2019.
- Surcharge of $50.00 per night applies for School Holiday periods. Room Upgrade fees apply. All surcharges are payable direct to the Resort. The following blackout dates apply 22/02/2019 – 23/02/2019. Stay must be taken over three (3) consecutive nights. No extension to the validity date of this prize will be permitted under any circumstances. Notice of intent to travel must be received at least 30 days prior to the winner’s proposed travel dates.
- If the Prize is not claimed by Monday 13 May 2019, then an Unclaimed Prize Draw will be conducted at Ansible Pty Ltd, Level 1, 16 Anster Street, Adelaide SA 5000 on Tuesday 14 May 2019 at 11:00 AESDT. The Winner will be notified by phone within two (2) business days of the draw, and in writing. The Winner’s name will be published online at www.sbs.com.au/eurovision and www.eurovisionaustralia.tv from Thursday 16 May 2019.
- The Promoter and associated agencies, are not liable for any loss, damage, personal injury or death whatsoever (including, but not limited to, any direct, indirect or consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this competition, the use of a prize or any act or omission (whether negligent or not) of the promoter, its associated agencies or any person associated with any of them, except to the extent that any liability cannot be excluded by law.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit, or late, lost or misdirected mail.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a Winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; during any draw; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry; or in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail; in relation to failure of an entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion; arising from or related to any problem or technical malfunction of any computer equipment, software, internet connection, any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer software related to or resulting from participation in this promotion.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
- The Promoter is Blink TV Production Pty Limited, ABN 44 133 723 225, Suite 12C, 1110 Middle Head Road, Mosman 2088.
- The Prize Provider is Village Roadshow Theme Parks, ABN 60 010 919 623, Village Roadshow Theme Parks, Pacific Motorway, Oxenford QLD 4210.
- Permit Approvals: ACT: TP 19/00106, NSW: LTPS/19/31406.