SCHOOL SELFIE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all secondary schools Australia-wide. Employees of SBS, Australian Centre of Photography, their associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible.
3. The competition period starts on 30 July 2015 at 18:30 AEST and ends on 24 August 2015 at 00:00 AEST (the “Competition Period”).
4. To enter, schools must:
• go to sbs.com.au/programs/engage/nominateyourschool and follow the directions on the website.
• Submit their nomination telling us “what makes their school unique?” Nominations must be less than 200 words.
• include the following information:
o name of entrant
o email address
o phone number
o nominated school name
o nominated school State and postcode
o Submit their nomination via the SBS form at sbs.com.au/programs/engage/nominateyourschool
5. Schools nominating themselves must agree to be contacted by SBS and may be asked to provide further information. Schools acknowledge that, should they be chosen, the photographs taken by the professional photographer and by students during the workshop will be exhibited at the ACP in Sydney during the month of November. They will also be curated into an online community gallery on the SBS Learn Hub after its launch in November. Consent must be obtained from parents/ staff before the School Selfie visit can take place. Further consents may be required.
6. Criteria to be considered by SBS when reviewing the nominations include the diversity and unique nature of the school, strength of the school community, location of the school.
7. SBS reserves the right to request schools to provide proof of entry validity. Acceptance of proof considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
8. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
9. Four schools will each receive a visit from an acclaimed photographer from the Australian Centre for Photography, who will immerse himself in the school community over a two day period, providing a fly on the wall snapshot of what makes your school special. The visit will culminate in a half day student workshop for up to 30 students. (the “Major Prize”). The Major Prize is valued up to $2,000 (RRP).
10. The ACP photographer and tutor will spend 2 days at each of the winning school between 14th September and 23rd October. SBS will liaise with schools to find a suitable date within this period. In the event that a winning school is unable to be available during this time, SBS may select another school in its place, at SBS’s sole discretion.
11. A panel selected by SBS will judge all valid entries and the four winning schools will be selected by 7th September 13:00 AEST at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064. The winning schools will be notified by email and phone.
12. If a winning school cannot be contacted or validated by 14th September, SBS may award the prize to the next best valid entry and that winner will be notified by email and phone on 15th September.
13. The total value of all prizes is valued up to $8,000 (RRP).
14. Prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
15. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
16. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
17. Once prizes have left the prize supplier’s premises, we take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
18. SBS takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
19. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
20. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
21. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SBS (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
22. SBS and the prize supplier/s assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, SBS reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
23. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon literary and creative merit. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
24. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. SBS’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. All entries become and remain the property of SBS. SBS may use the entrants' names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
27. Entrants acknowledge this competition is in no way associated with or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this competition is not provided to Facebook.
28. The promoter is Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.