Azerbaijan has proven to be a formidable powerhouse at the Eurovision Song Contest since the country debuted in 2008, with one win to their credit and racking up multiple top 10 finishes.
This year youngster Samra will bring her “Miracle” to the Stockholm stage in a hope to keep up the run of solid results. It won't take a miracle for her to qualify for the Grand Final but she's going to need one for her to win.
This is a great little pop song with a big, if not generic, chorus. Hopefully, come the Grand Final, there’s distance in the running order between this and Dami's "Sound of Silence".
Watch Samra's official video for 'Miracle':
Four Questions with Samra
What are the three most interesting aspects about your entry?
- Despite the fairytale-like title, my song is a dramatic break-up story. It’s not a ballad, and I like it.
- Miracle is a song of a strong girl.
- It has powerful groove and catchy chorus and I hope you'll sing it along with me.
What are the three most impressive facts about you?
- I started my career at the national selection for the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest when I was 16.
- I really hate cutting my hair thus it’s that long.
- I simply adore my dog Arti.
Do you have a (lucky) routine before you go on stage?
Not really but will probably have one before the 2016 Euroviosion Song Contest.
Why is the Eurovision Song Contest important for you?
Because this is my dream!
The Eurovision Song Contest will be broadcast on SBS’s Eurovision Weekend - Friday 13, Saturday 14 and Grand Final Sunday 15 May, 7.30pm on SBS, with LIVE early morning broadcasts from 5am on Wednesday 11, Friday 13 and Sunday 15 May.