SBS EUROVISION PARTY PIC COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents only. Employees of SBS, their associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible.
3. The competition period starts on Friday 13th May, 2016 during Semi-Final 1 on SBS, from 7.30pm to 10pm (AEST), during Semi-Final 2 on Saturday 14th May, 2016 from 7.30pm to 10pm (AEST), and during the Grand Final on Sunday 15th May, 2016 7.30pm to 11.30pm (the “Competition Period”).
4. To enter, participants must:
- Upload their Eurovision party photo to either Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #SBSEurovision. Winning entrants must then agree to be contacted by SBS via Twitter or Instagram and to provide their details including (but not limited to) name, address and phone number. SBS will have the discretion to deem ineligible entrants who are found to use multiple Twitter accounts or duplicate tweets.
- Winners must agree to images being shown on the website and have the potential to be shown on TV during the Eurovision broadcast.
5. SBS reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
6. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Each Eurovision Prize Pack contains:
- 1 x iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-Fi valued at $599
Plus a Eurovision Merchandise pack (valued at $100) featuring:
- 1 x #Dami Army cap
- 2x paddles
- 2 x inflatable microphones
- 1 x Dami Im ‘Sound of Silence’ single CD
- 1 x Dami Im ‘Classic Carpenters’ album CD
- 1 x Eurovision 2016 CD
There are six (6) prize packs to be won.
Individual prize value $699
8. An SBS representative will judge all valid entries at the end of each time period at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064. Winners will be announced on air, with the winning pictures shown on screen toward the end of each prime time broadcast. These winners will also be posted online at www.sbs.com.au/eurovision at the conclusion of each time period. Winners will be direct messaged via the medium they entered their image.
9. If any of the prize winners cannot be contacted by Friday 26th August, 2016 at 10am 9AEST) SBS or its nominated agent will award the Prize to the next best entry from all valid remaining entries (“Second Chance Draw”). The Second Chance Draw winner will be notified by via Twitter or Instagram direct message on Friday 26th August, 2016.
10. The total value of all prizes is valued up to $4194 (RRP).
11. All prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
12. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
13. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
14. Once prizes have left the prize supplier’s premises, we take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
15. SBS takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
16. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
17. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
18. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SBS (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
19. SBS and the prize supplier/s assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, SBS reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
20. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon literary and creative merit. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
21. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. SBS’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. All entries become and remain the property of SBS. SBS may use the entrants' names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
24. [Entrants acknowledge this competition is in no way associated with or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this competition is not provided to Facebook.
25. The promoter is Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.