Armenia’s conceptual entry 'Face the Shadow' is beyond classification and promises one of the highlights of the first Semi Final. The anthemic entry will be performed Genealogy an ensemble of 6 singers from varying backgrounds gathered specifically for this event. The singers, all with Armenian heritage, herald from Australia (Mary-Jean O’Doherty Vasmatzian), the US, Africa, Europe, Asia and Armenia itself. So our Guy won’t be the only Aussie act performing in the Wiener Stadthalle in May. 'Face the Shadow' is ripe for all the Eurovision tropes so be prepared for the wind machine to be set to cyclonic. And thankfully there’s not a Kardashian in sight.
4 Questions with Genealogy
What are three interesting aspects about your entry?
- Mary-Jean has citizenship from Australia, Greece and the USA
- Inga is the only Armenian artist so far that takes part in the Eurovision Song Contest for the second time
- Fans were discussing Tamar’s participation in the Eurovision Song Contest years ago very actively on social media
2. What are three impressive facts about you?
- Vahe can speak five languages - Armenian, English, Amharic, Italian and French
- Stephanie tested her love towards walking and walked 12 hours around Tokyo in one day
- Essai composed his first song at the age of 12
3. Do you have a (lucky) routine before you go on stage?
We hold hands and say random Armenian words.
4. Why is the Eurovision Song Contest important for you?
We are representing Armenia, our motherland - what could be more exiting and important?!