The bookies favourite and the red hot bet to win the 2015 contest comes courtesy of former Swedish Idol Contestant, the casually handsome Måns Zelmerlöw. Måns has attempted to win the Swedish National selection Melodifestivalen twice previously but his Avicii-style dance offering 'Heroes', accompanied by some dramatic staging, proved the third time was the charm. As a performer Måns is charismatic and 'Heroes' is undeniably the most upbeat song in this year’s contest. Sweden is deserving of its favouritism and will be the major roadblock to Guy being able to take top prize this year. We’ll be hearing this a lot come the Grand Final… "and our twelve points go to... (dramatic pause)... SWEDEN!” Cue applause and flag waving.
Watch Sweden's Grand Final performance below
4 Questions with Måns Zelmerlöw
What are three interesting aspects about your entry?
- The message of the song is hopeful and powerful.
- The projection, I hope it's something most people haven't seen before and something that impresses.
- The story is about when I was a kid, having difficulties getting friends. There was this one guy who helped me out.
What are three impressive facts about you?
- I love being on stage and I hope that shows.
- I am an entrepreneur and I love multi-tasking!
- I have a foundation financing three schools in South Africa and one in Kenya.
Do you have a (lucky) routine before you go on stage?
Actually no, except from checking that my zipper's closed.
Why is the Eurovision Song Contest important for you?
Because it's the musical equivalent to the Super Bowl! I've always been a big Eurovision fan!
Måns Zelmerlöw's video profile