Download the FREE SBS Radio App for a better listening experience
“MEET PELE, THE WORLD’S GREAT FOOTBALL STAR” COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 and over only. Employees of SBS, Markson Sparks!, associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible.
3. The competition period starts on Wednesday 1 October 2014 at 16:00 AEST and ends on Thursday 23 October 2014 at 01:55 AM AEDT (the “Competition Period”).
4. To enter, participants must:
* go to sbs.com.au/radio and follow the directions on the website;
* register their details, including (but not limited to) name, address and phone number; and
* answer in 50 words or less “What is your favourite Pelé memory?”
5. SBS reserves the right to request Winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated Prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a Prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a Winner cannot provide proof, the Winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
6. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. Entries are limited to one entry per person.
7. A panel selected by SBS will judge all valid entries and will select:
* the best entry, to be awarded the Major Prize (the Major Prize Winner);
* the next five best entries, to be awarded a Runners-Up Prize (the Runners-Up Winners); and
* the next ten best entries, to be awarded a Second Runners-Up Prize (the Second Runners-Up Winners),
(together, the Winners).
8. The Winners will be determined by SBS on 27 October 2014 at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064. The Winners will be notified by email and phone. The names of the Winners will be published on the SBS Radio website on 31 October 2014.
9. If any of the Winners cannot be contacted or verified by 5 November 2014, SBS will award the Prize to the next best valid entry and that Winner will be notified by email and phone on 5 November 2014 and their name published on the SBS Radio website.
10. The Major Prize Winner will receive:
* Flights: return economy flights for two people from their nearest Australian capital city to their nearest venue city of Sydney or Melbourne.
* Accommodation: one night’s accommodation for two people (double or twin share) in their nearest venue city of Sydney or Melbourne.
* Ticket: 1 x VIP double pass to “Pelé My Life. My Story.” event at their nearest venue city of Sydney or Melbourne including the opportunity to meet and be photographed with Pelé.
(the “Major Prize”).
The Major Prize is valued up to $6,130 (RRP).
11. If the Major Prize Winner is from Sydney or Melbourne, the flight and accommodation portion of the Major Prize will be forfeited and the Major Prize Winner will receive the ticket portion of the Major Prize only. If the Major Prize Winner is from Victoria or New South Wales but outside of Sydney or Melbourne, the flight portion of the Major Prize will be forfeited and the Major Prize Winner will receive the accommodation and ticket portions of the Major Prize only.
12. The five Runners-Up Winners will each receive 1 x gold admission double pass to “Pelé My Life. My Story.” event at their nearest venue city of Sydney or Melbourne, valued at up to $280 (RRP).
13. The ten Second Runners-Up Winners will each receive 1 x general admission double pass to “Pelé My Life. My Story.” event at their nearest venue city of Sydney or Melbourne, valued at up to $170 (RRP).
14. Winners must be available to attend the event at their nearest venue city of either Sydney or Melbourne. The Melbourne event will be held at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre on 19 November 2014 at 8pm and the Sydney event will be held at the State Theatre on 20 November at 8pm.
15. The total value of all Prizes is valued up to $9,230 (RRP).
16. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash or in any other form. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Prize includes a travel element the Major Prize Winner must be one of the travellers.
17. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the Prizes.
18. Once Prizes have left the Prize supplier’s premises, we take no responsibility for Prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
19. The flight and accommodation portion of the Major Prize must be used to attend the event at the Major Prize Winner’s nearest venue city of either Melbourne on 19 November 2014 of Sydney on 20 November 2014. If travel has not been redeemed for this time period, tickets shall be deemed null and void.
20. The Major Prize Winner and their travel companion (who must be over the age of 18) will not accrue any frequent flyer points from taking the Major Prize.
21. The Major Prize must be booked through SBS prior to 10 November. Bookings are subject to availability and are not re-routable. Once booked and approved by the Prize supplier, any changes may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee at the cost of the Major Prize Winner. Once tickets have been issued they cannot be changed.
22. Neither SBS nor Prize supplier/s or their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury of the results directly or indirectly from the Winner taking part in any aspect of the Prize. Where relevant, the Major Prize Winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the Major Prize package and will take out appropriate travel insurance.
23. The Winners are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the Prizes, including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, transfers, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation any tax liabilities, airport charges, any applicable
surcharges and any other related costs. Travel insurance is not included in the Major Prize and will be the responsibility of the Major Prize Winner. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
24. Travel arrangements to and from the Major Prize Winner’s nearest capital city airport do not form part of the Major Prize and are the responsibility of the Major Prize Winner.
25. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companion must travel on the same flight as each other to their destination.
26. It is the responsibility of the Major Prize Winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
27. Neither SBS nor the Prize supplier or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond SBS and Prize supplier’s control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the Prizes in accordance with the Prize descriptions.
28. SBS takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a Prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
29. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in Prize value between now and the ultimate Prize redemption date.
30. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winners must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements.
31. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SBS (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
32. SBS and the Prize suppliers assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, SBS reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
33. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the Winners. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon literary and creative merit. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
34. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. SBS’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
35. All entries become and remain the property of SBS. SBS may use the entrants' names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
37. Entrants acknowledge this competition is in no way associated with or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this competition is not provided to Facebook.
38. The promoter is Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.