Download the FREE SBS Radio App for a better listening experience
40 YEARS OF RADIO COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 and over only. Employees of SBS, their associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible.
3. The competition period starts on Monday 18 May at 12:00pm AEST and ends on Monday 14 September 11am AEST (the “Competition Period”).
4. To enter, participants must EITHER:
• go to sbs.com.au/radio and follow the directions on the website. Participants must register their details, including (but not limited to) name, email and phone number and answer in 25 words or less the following question “what are your hopes and wishes for the next 40 years of Australia?”.
• reply to @SBSRadio using the hashtag #in40years and answer the following question “what are your hopes and wishes for the next 40 years of Australia?. Entrants may submit their answer either as text or by uploading a photo of themselves holding a card with their answer. All answers must include the hashtag “#in40years”.
The winning entrant must then agree to be contacted by SBS via Twitter and to provide their details including (but not limited to) name, address and phone number. SBS will have the discretion to deem ineligible entrants who are found to use multiple Twitter accounts or duplicate tweets.
5. Entrants are welcome to submit their entries in-language but will be also required to provide an English translation accompanying their entry.
6. SBS reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age and Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. 1 x Major Prize winner will receive a $5,000 Flight Centre Gift Card (the “Major Prize”). The Major Prize is valued up to $5,000 (RRP).
9. 5 x Runner Up Prize winners will receive a iPad Air 2 valued at approximately $619. The total value of Runner Up Prizes is approximately $3,095.
10. A panel selected by SBS will judge all valid entries and the Major Prize winner and Runner Up Prize winners will be selected on Wednesday 30 September at 10am at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064. The Major Prize winner and Runner Up Prize winners will be notified by email and/or phone. The name(s) of the Major Prize winner and Runner Up Prize winners will be published on the website sbs.com.au/radio on Thursday 1st October 2015.
11. If a Major Prize winner or Runner Up Prize winners cannot be validated by Wednesday 7 October the SBS judging panel will award the prize to the second best valid entry and those winners will be notified by email and/or phone on Thursday 8 October, 2015 and published on Friday 9 October, 2015.
12. The total value of all prizes is valued up to $8,095.
13. All prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
14. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Prize includes a travel element the winner must be one of the travellers.
15. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
16. Once prizes have left the prize supplier’s premises, we take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
17. Travel must be within 12 months of the competition closing date. If travel has not been redeemed within this time period, tickets shall be deemed null and void.
18. The Major Prize winner and their travel companion will not accrue any frequent flyer points from taking the Major Prize.
19. The Major Prize must be booked through Flight Centre. Bookings are subject to availability and are not re-routable. Once booked and approved by the prize supplier, any changes may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee at the cost of the winner. Once tickets have been issued they cannot be changed.
20. Neither SBS nor prize supplier/s or their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury of the results directly or indirectly from the winner taking part in any aspect of the prize. Where relevant, the winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the prize package and will take out appropriate travel insurance.
21. Prize winners are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the prize, including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, transfers, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation any tax liabilities, airport charges, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs. Travel insurance is not included in the prize and will be the responsibility of the winner(s). Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
22. Travel arrangements to and from the winner’s nearest capital city airport do not form part of the prize and are the responsibility of the winner.
23. The prize winner and their travelling companion must travel on the same flight as each other to their destination.
24. It is the responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
25. Neither SBS nor the prize supplier or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond SBS and prize supplier’s control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the prize in accordance with the prize description.
26. SBS takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
27. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
28. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
29. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SBS (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
30. SBS and the prize supplier/s assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, SBS reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
31. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon literary and creative merit. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
32. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. SBS’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. All entries become and remain the property of SBS. SBS may use the entrants' names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
35. The promoter is Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.