Download the FREE SBS Radio App for a better listening experience
SBS & Jet Airways
‘Trip to India’ Competition Terms & Conditions
METHOD OF ENTRY
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to Australian residents. Employees of SBS, Jet Airways (India) Limited, their associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible.
- The competition period starts on Wednesday 1 October 2014 at 10am (AEST) and ends on Monday 10 November 2014 at 0:55am (AEDT) (the “Competition Period”).
- To enter, participants must:
a) Go to www.sbs.com.au/radio and follow the directions on the website;
b) provide SBS with their contact details, including (but not limited to) name, address and phone number; and
c) Participants are automatically signed up to the My Week on SBS e-newsletter.
- Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
- SBS reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
The Prize winner will receive:
- Destination: departing winner’s nearest major Australian capital city (Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne) to winner’s choice of Mumbai, Delhi or Chennai;
- Flights: return economy airfares for two (2) people including taxes, valued up to AUD$2,700 (RRP) inclusive of GST;
Period for which the Prize is valid: travel is valid up to Thursday 30 April 2015.
The Prize is valued up to AUD$2,700 (RRP) inclusive of GST.
- The total prize pool is valued at up to AUD$2,700 (RRP) inclusive of GST.
- All valid entries are automatically entered into the Prize draw. The Prize winner will be drawn at random by SBS (or its nominated agent) on Monday 10 November 2014 at 10am (AEDT) at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064. The prize winner will be notified by email and phone Monday 10 November 2014 at 3pm (AEDT) and later in writing. The name of the winner will be published on the SBS website on Tuesday 11 November 2014 and in The Australian newspaper Friday 14 November 2015.
- If the Prize winner cannot be contacted by 10am (AEDT) Wednesday 11 February 2015, SBS or its nominated agent will draw another winner of the applicable prize from all remaining valid entries (“Unclaimed Prize Draw”) 10:30am (AEDT) Wednesday 11 February 2015. The Unclaimed Prize Draw winner will be notified in writing, by email and phone on Wednesday 11 February 2015 at 2pm (AEDT) and published in The Australian newspaper on Friday 13 February 2015.
- There may be circumstances in which the Promoter cannot provide the prizes as described for reasons beyond its reasonable control. In those circumstances, the Promoter will provide an alternative prize or prizes of equal or greater value to the promoted prizes, subject to relevant state regulations.
- If the winner is under the age of 18, their travel guest must be an accompanying adult aged 18 years or over.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
- Once prizes have left the prize supplier’s premises, we take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- The winner must book their travel through Jet Airways to Wednesday 11 February 2015. Travel must be completed by Thursday 30 April 2015 (“Travel Period”). If the Prize winner is not available or able to travel to all destinations forming part of the Prize during the Travel Period, the tickets shall be deemed null and void and the Prize will be forfeited.
- The Prize winner and their travel companion will not accrue any frequent flyer points from taking the Prize. Bookings are subject to conditions and seat availability, are not re-routable and cannot be used or transferred to another airline. Once booked and approved by the prize supplier, any changes may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee at the cost of the winner. Once tickets have been issued they cannot be changed or transferred to another person.
- Travel is with codeshare partner Qantas from Australia (Either Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane) to Singapore, and Jet Airways from Singapore to India (Either Mumbai, Chennai or Delhi)
- Tickets must be issued 3 months from start of travel, or 14 days before departure – whichever occurs first.
- All ticket taxes are included.
- Should the travel prize itinerary include a transit, layover or night stop, the prize winner will be responsible for any additional incidental cost incurred.
- Jet Airways reserves the right to amend the applicable conditions due to changes in schedules, routings or commercial requirements.
- Blackout dates apply during school holidays and periods of higher season, including from 1 December 2014 – 31 January 2015. As part of the Prize, travel is not permitted during black-out periods and higher season periods.
- Neither SBS nor prize supplier/s or their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury of the results directly or indirectly from the winner taking part in any aspect of the prize. Where relevant, the winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the prize package and will take out appropriate travel insurance.
- Prize winners are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the prize, including without limitation, accommodation, travel insurance, meals, entertainment, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation, any tax liabilities, airport charges, incidentals, gratuities, service charges, optional extras, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs.
- Travel arrangements to and from the nearest major capital city airport (Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney) in Australia do not form part of the prize and are the responsibility of the winner.
- The prize winner and their travelling companion must travel together to all destinations forming part of the Prize.
- All Prize travel will be subject to the prize supplier’s General Conditions of Carriage. The Promoter and prize supplier make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. It is the responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel. International travel advice may be obtained from various sources including local government, local consular offices and www.smarttraveller.gov.au.
- Neither SBS nor the prize supplier or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond SBS and prize supplier’s control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the prize in accordance with the prize description.
- SBS’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- SBS takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SBS (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- SBS and the prize supplier/s assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, SBS reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
- All entries become and remain the property of SBS. Entrants acknowledge that SBS may use the entrants' names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
- The winner will make himself/herself reasonably available for publicity purposes, if required, by Jet Airways.
- Entrants acknowledge this competition is in no way associated with or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this competition is not provided to Facebook.
- The “Promoter” SBS is the Special Broadcasting Service Corporation of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.
- Authorised under permit numbers: Authorised under ACT TP 14/03224; NSW Permit No. LTPS/14/07277.