1. There will be incredible contenders for goal of the year.
2. And not to mention marks of the year.
3. Out of 18 clubs, 13 already want to get in early with their own women’s team. 8 have been officially announced
Adelaide, Brisbane Lions, Carlton, Collingwood, Fremantle, Greater Western Sydney, Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs are the eight clubs. St. Kilda, West Coast, Geelong, North Melbourne and Richmond have been granted provisional ones for inclusion in a potentially expanded league for 2018.
4. If it’s big hits you’re after, don’t worry, there will be big hits.
5. The camaraderie will be second to none.
6. Young women with a passion for AFL will have the same sporting opportunities as the boys.
7. They’ll also get to see their dreams of playing in the big games become a reality.
8. And while these women are a long way off getting paid the same as the men, all you need to do is watch these highlights to see that they mean business.
Bring it on, 2017.