Competition: SBS Life & RaboDirect Invest In Yourself Competition
Permit Numbers: Authorised under: NSW Permit No: LTPS/16/04944; ACT Permit No: TP 16/01246; SA Permit No: T16/1113.
Promoter: Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (ABN 91 314 398 574) (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064. Phone: 1800 500 727.
Entry Restrictions: The Competition is open to Australian residents only, aged 18 and over. Entrants must be the holder of a full Australian driver’s licence. Employees of the Promoter, the Prize Supplier(s) and associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible.
Competition Period: Commences: 10:00AM AEST on Thursday 14th July 2016.
Closes: 11:00AM AEST on Monday 26th September 2016.
Maximum Number of Entries: One entry per person.
How to enter:
- During the Competition Period, entrants must go to sbs.com.au/life and follow the directions to complete the online entry form.
- Entrants must register their details, including (but not limited to) name, address, e-mail and phone number, and submit their entry by clicking on the “Enter Competition” button.
One Major Prize winner will receive $10,000.00 AUD cash placed into a RaboDirect Personal High Interest Savings Account (“RaboDirect Account”) opened by the winner
The Major Prize is valued up to $10,000.00 AUD (RRP).
Major Prize Conditions:
- Winner must be over the age of 18, an Australian resident, and eligible under the Entry restrictions and requirements.
- The Winner must either already own, or open a RaboDirect Account for the prize money to be deposited into. This must be done through the RaboDirect Account opening form online.
The Winner must meet all RaboDirect’s Account opening conditions and requirements before the prize money can be deposited. RaboDirect Account requirements can be viewed here:
- If the drawn winner is ineligible for a RaboDirect Account, does not agree to the relevant terms and conditions, or has not opened the RaboDirect Account by Thursday, 29 December 2016 then a new winner will be redrawn.
- To withdraw the money from their RaboDirect Account, the Winner will need to link their RaboDirect Account with their everyday bank account (i.e. a transactional bank account with another Australian bank) as money can only be transferred to and from a linked account.
- Money will be deposited once the RaboDirect Account has been opened.
- The Winner may choose to leave the money in the RaboDirect Account or withdraw into a linked account..
Total value of all Prizes: $10,000.00 AUD (RRP).
Prize Supplier: RaboDirect products, including the RaboDirect Personal High Interest Savings Account, are offered by Rabobank Australia Limited ABN 50 001 621 129, AFSL 234700.
One Prize Winner will be selected from all valid entries.
The Winner will be drawn at random by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) on Thursday 29th September 2016 at 11:00AM AEST at 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064.
Prize Winner Notification:
Major Prize Winner will be notified by email and phone on Friday 30th September 2016.
Winners’ names will be published on www.sbs.com.au/lifeand in The Australian on Friday 7th October 2016.
Second Chance Draw and notification:
If a valid Winner cannot be contacted by Thursday 29th December 2016, the Promoter or its nominated agent will select another winner from all valid entries. The Unclaimed Prize Draw will take place at the same time and place as the original draw. Second Chance Draw winners will be notified by email and phone on Monday 30th January 2017 and published on the SBS website and in The Australian on Friday 3rd January 2017.
General Terms and Conditions
- Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Information relating to the Competition and the above Schedule form part of the terms and conditions for the Competition. The Promoter may vary these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion, subject to approval of the relevant state authorities.
- Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions above.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must complete the process outlined in the Entry Details during the Competition Period. Any entry received outside of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants may enter the Competition only once per person. The entry must meet the eligibility requirements.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- The Promoter and Prize Supplier reserves the right to request proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated Prize delivery address and proof of entry validity, in order to claim a Prize. Acceptance of proof of eligibility is at the discretion of the Promoter and Prize Supplier. In the event that an entrant cannot provide proof, their entry will be deemed invalid.
- All valid entries are automatically entered into the Winner Selection process, which will take place at the times and dates set out in the Schedule, including any specified Second Chance Draw.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification details in the Schedule.
- All Prizes are as depicted or described in the Schedule and, unless otherwise specified, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter is not responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the Prize.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the Competition or in connection with taking up the Prizes.
- Once Prizes have left the Prize Supplier’s premises, no responsibility is taken for Prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in Prize value between now and the ultimate Prize redemption date.
- All Prizes are subject to availability. In the event that any of the Prizes or part of a Prize becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar prize to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to state regulations.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements.
- Rewards program points cannot be accrued when taking up the Prize unless specifically offered by the Prize Supplier.
- Neither the Promoter nor the Prize Supplier/s or their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury that results directly or indirectly from the Winner taking part in any aspect of the Prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the Promoter’s opinion, includes objectionable content.
- The Promoter takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a Prize in this Competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- The Promoter and the Prize Supplier/s assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administrative security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available to the fullest extent permitted by law, including to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. Subject to state regulations.
- All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter.
- Entrants consent to their full names and/or their entries being used in all media by the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge and agree they may be required to participate in promotional activities while taking up the Prize.
- The Promoter may use entrants' names and details for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. The Promoter may also be required to disclose your personal information to its contractors, agents, co-promoter and to state and territory gaming departments to assist in conducting the Competition.
- Any entrant found to be using multiple accounts to enter the Competition may be disqualified at SBS’s sole discretion.